THIRTY-ONE

October 26, 20XX - Sunday

Taehyung might've moved 5 steps forward, but the night before made him take 2 back.

I peeked at him as we carried our grocery bags towards the parking garage.

He was just walking beside me, completely serious.

Suddenly, he stopped, causing me to bump into him and an oncoming pedestrian.

Through his peripheral, he looked across the street before flickering his eyes over to mine.

He drew the mask over his face and then pulled my own up as well.

"Keep walking."

I was confused and worried, but Taehyung widened his eyes as if to warn me to do what he said.

Listening to him, I slowly kept walking, hearing him following slowly behind. 

"I knew it." He muttered before swiftly running up to me and throwing me into the alley on my right.

I yelped as I fell over.

What was going on?

Hearing a rush of footsteps, I could only assume that someone had been following us. 

Hearing Taehyung grunt as his body smacked the wall only confirmed things further.

A gruff voice muttered something as he picked Taehyung up and started to bring him into the alley. 

I quickly rushed to hide alongside the dumpster so that I could see what was going on. 

"You're Taeho's boy." He muttered as he pushed Taehyung up against the building, an arm holding him up against his neck.

Taehyung struggled to breathe as he stared back at the guy with ire.

"You killed him."

"Y-ou... turning...me in?" Taehyung managed to get out with a cough.

"No." The guy answered. "You're ours before the cop gets you. Now... where's his supply?"

Taehyung was losing air, his eyes turning red.

Internally panicking, I decided to look into the dumpster for anything I could use to hit the guy with. 

Spotting the mini space heater, I wasted no time in grabbing it and running over to hit the guy once he turned around.

He came down with a groan.