TWENTY-EIGHT

October 21, 20XX - Tuesday

Last night was...

Full of firsts.

My cheeks pinkened as I got some napkins from the dispenser and made my way over to Taehyung, who was already indulged in his meal.

Before he took another bite of his burger, he looked up at me, immediately dropping his gaze as he smiled softly.

Taking a seat beside him, I bit back a smile as well.

He leaned over and held his burger to my mouth. Pulling down my mask, I took a bite happily.

Thinking about our situation, I realized that I shouldn't be this happy. It getting harder and harder for Taehyung and me to hide. Especially since there's a missing person report on me now.

But then I thought about how being with Taehyung made me feel on cloud nine. It was hard for me not to be happy after the way he proved his love for me.

It was hard for him not to either.

After last night, Taehyung was different.

I rest my chin on the palm of my hand as I viewed Taehyung. His eyes smiled as he peeked at a family one table over. A family with a mom, a dad, and two kids. Before, Taehyung's eyes would have shown pain, but now... now they gleamed with hope.

Was it because of me?

Turning my way, He placed his hand over mine.

"One day." He told me.

One day.

"Hari, last night wasn't just..." Taehyung shook his head as he tried finding the words.

I just kept looking at him, heart fluttering like crazy.

Taehyung took a deep breath, "When I'm with you...I don't know what sadness is...because I finally know what it means to smile more, to wish harder, to dream bigger. I meant last night, I really did."

"Are you always going to be this sweet?" I teased him.

He tucked my hair behind my ear before leaning in to whisper,

"I will always treat each moment like it's our first...

And our last."

He pulled back to look into my eyes.

You did, Taehyung.

You did.