t w e n t y |"Why does it hurt..."

Aisha's Point Of View

°°°

Next morning was one that any girl would want to have in her life. The whole mansion was decorated like there was a marriage. Kilos of different colours of gulaal had been brought. The grandeur of the celebration of this festival was beyond all pars in the Goenka Mansion.

I carefully chose the least embroidered saree which was light yellow in colour. Siddharth had started sleeping in the guest room and I couldn't have cared less. To be very honest it was extremely tough to accept the fact that my husband, irrespective of me hating him and he loathing me more than anything, had a daughter from another woman. But I decided that there was no reason fighting the truth as I got ready.

I walked down the staircase to find Siddharth dressed in white kurta and blue denim jeans. Mr. Goenka and Mrs. Goenka were also present, and were talking to each other about some serious matter.
"Ah! Come here dear.", Mr. Goenka said looking up at me with a smile. Of course, he had felt the same when he had come to know about Siddharth's real father.
"Good morning, uncle.", I said as he raised a brow as I immediately corrected myself,
"Dad."
"Hmm.. that's better. Now I guess we should start the ritual.", Saying so he indicated to a servant who brought a plate of red colour gulaal on it.
"Now do as your mom does, okay?", He stated as I nodded as stood opposite to Siddharth who preferred keeping his eyes lowered.

Following mom I first did the tilak with the gulal on Siddharth's forehead as he immediately took the gulaal and put it in my hair parting.
"Now you have to touch his feet.", At this statement of mom, both me and Siddharth turned to her in shock.
"I know you are of the same age, but rituals you know.", She said as I looked up at Siddharth who immediately looked away. I drew in a deep breath and touched his feet.

As I stood up he took the gulaal from the plate and slowly put it on my cheek, I did the same looking at him intensely as he did not look at me.
"Now, you guys and go and play your Holi. I have called onto your friends.", Saying so Mr. Goenka walked out of the mansion closely followed by Mrs. Goenka.
"Why are you not looking at me?", I asked softly but rigidly.
He knew what he had done was wrong.

"Because I don't want to.", He stated emotionlessly.
"You are running away from what you have done and it won't help you.", I stated as our eyes finally met.
It was for sonic seconds as he immediately looked away.
"I had not expected my past to resurface this way.", He said bitterly.
"You seem regretful, isn't it?", I asked as he did not look up.

"I am regretful. Anjali and Pihu cannot live here and that's it.", He stated as he turned to leave. I immediately pulled him by his hand. I didn't know where I got the courage from, but I knew I had to do it.
"You are going to do the same mistake your biological father did, Siddharth Goenka.", My voice sounded extremely harsh as he looked at me hatefully but he did not say anything. He knew I was right.

"You will cause Pihu the same pain that Manav Choudhury caused you.", I stated.
"But you will never accept her and-"
I placed a finger on his lips as he looked at me in shock,
"I think you need to ask me for that. I think it's my decision if I will accept her or not. And I will accept her because she should not suffer because of your mistakes. She does not deserve it.", I stated as I removed my finger.
"Fine.", He said, purely ashamed of himself. His pride was breaking just the way it had when I had not allowed him to come close to me, but this time it was his fault.

He drew in a deep breath and looked up at me.
"I guess I don't want to torchure you anymore.", He mumbled, unsure of himself.
"Because you are already torchuring me and you know it. You know what, Siddharth Goenka? The biggest torchure that you can do on your wife is having a relationship with another woman but that's fine for you, isn't it? You don't love me, in fact you hate me so it doesn't even matter to you, Mr. Siddharth Goenka but trust me, someday you will understand how it feels.", Saying so I walked out of the mansion as he stood staring at me.

I rubbed off the frail tear that flowed down my cheeks.
Why did it hurt so much?
Of course, I knew he was a bad boy and such things were pretty common for him, then why did it ache so much?

I drew in a deep breath as I saw the various colours filling up the atmosphere.
Could these colours ever come into my life, again?

°°°
Author's note:
Okay, I know that I promised the Holi wala episode that this is the first part. I did not want to make the chapter too long so yes,
I know this is mostly how Aisha is feeling and I think this scene was important..

So tell me in the comments section what you think about it.!
I will update hopefully by today the second part also!! 😘😘

Yours,
Parker.