E p i l o g u e

Siddharth's Point Of View
°°°

Another twelve years gone by and I could still not believe it. I woke up all thanks to the sun light and the sweetest voice on the planet.
"Wake up, Mr. Goenka. It's morning.", Aisha said wearing an earring in front of the dressing table as I sat up and yawned.
"Good morning, Aisha..", I said before getting off the bed. She turned towards me with a smile. Her long hair still looked beautiful, infact it just did not seem like she had ever aged. The same hazel eyes, the same smile.

"What are you staring at?", She asked straightening her saree a little.
"You.", I said as I edged towards her.
"Why? Am I not looking okay?", She said looking tensed and turning towards the mirror, worried. I wrapped my hands around her slim waist pulling her towards myself.
Her expression changed immediately, to a pleasant blush.

"It seems like the romance is completely eradicated from you..", I whispered placing my chin on her shoulder looking at her on the mirror.
"You are never getting rid of your ways, are you? Look at your age.", She said as I slowly turned her towards myself.
"Yes, what about age? I still look as young as ever.", I said proudly as I continued, "And you my darling, Menaka still have the capability of making any man fall for you, heads over heels.", I said cupping her face with my hands.
"Mr. Thanos, now let me go.. we're getting late. I have to look to the preparations.", She said moving away, blushing slightly. As she moved away I pulled her by her hand towards myself. She bumped onto my chest.
"Really, Siddharth.. let me go. What if Pihu or Sasha suddenly arrived?", She asked as I wrapped my other hand around her waist, pulling her closer to myself as I whispered near her ear,
"Then they'll know that how romantic their parents are.."
"Okay.. Mr. Romantic, now let me go.", She said blushing deeply.
"Of course, but after a kiss.. on the lips.", I said edging closer to her.
She looked up at me with a pleasant smile.

"Do I have a choice?", She asked as I immediately said, "No.", As I slowly pulled her into a kiss, it was a sweet and short one. More like a peck.
"Now, may I leave?", She said as I nodded letting her go.
"Get ready and come down soon. Pihu must be waiting to meet her dad.", Saying so she left still smiling to herself.

I changed into a suit and went down to find the whole mansion decorated beautifully. Abhishek, running around looking at the decorations of the mansion. I walked up to him as I lightly tapped on his shoulder. He immediately turned towards me.
"Oh, hello sir.", He said. Of course, he was only allowed to call me 'sir'.
"Is everything perfect?", I asked him sternly.
"Yes.. sir, I think.", He mumbled looking unsure.
"Good, I should warn you about one thing.", I said as he nodded,
"Dare you make my daughter cry-"
"No sir. Never. I will never let a tear fall from her eyes."
"Pakka promise?", I heard Pihu's voice as she came and stood beside me.
"Ha.", Abhi said with an instant smile as Pihu gave me a tight hug.
"Good, you should always take promises from him.", I said with a wink.
"I will.", Pihu said and looked at him with a wink.
He smiled back affectionately.
Their eyes locked as I sighed.

"Okay, love birds. Continue. In any case, it is you engagement. I will go and check on your darling sister.", I said as Pihu blushed.
God, she had suddenly developed Aisha's traits.

I walked down the hall to find Varun and Gaurav in an animated conversation.
"Yes, forget me, you two.", I said walking up to them as they laughed.
"Oh never, we cannot forget you.", Varun said,
"Our wives never let us.", Gaurav completed his statement.
"Yes, they are permanently telling us to learn from you.", Varun said with a smile.
"Ah,there you go. I was always the woman's charmer.", I said with a wink.

Just then I noticed my daughter, Sasha who had definitely grown up to be as beautiful as her mother talking animatedly with Varun's son, Navin.
"What's up between your son and Sasha?", I asked Varun as I sighed.
"Boy, you know, young love.", He said nodding his head.
"I can see. And your daughter, where is she?", I asked Gaurav who said his daughter was off to London for completing her education.

The engagement was in the evening. Yes daughter, my princess was finally getting married. I still couldn't believe it, but then.
It was really happening.

Evening arrived soon.
I stood beside Aisha as they slowly started exchanging the rings. I slipped my hand and placed it along her waist.
"Sid.. what are you doing?", She whispered, blushing.
"Why..?"
"So many people are there. The media is here..", she whispered as I edged closer to her.
"What if they are there? Main apni biwi se ishq ladha raha hu, unki se nahi. (I am romancing my wife, not their's.)", I whispered back.

Soon the engagement ceremony came to an end.
"Let's click a family photograph!", Pihu said as Aisha and I walked up and stood beside each other, Pihu came and stood beside me, pulling her to be husband with herself as Sasha went and stood beside her beloved mom.

"Ready?", The photographer asked when I said,
"Wait. Oi, Varun and Gaurav, you need invitations or what? Join in.", I said as they looked at me with a bewildered look.
"It's your family photograph, Sid.", Gaurav said as I sighed.
"And you two are a part of my family. Come on, Aditi and Naira, join in.", I said as they gave me a warm smile and joined in along with their husbands and Navin.
"Cheese everyone!", Pihu said as we smiled and the photograph was taken.

After that I turned towards Aisha who looked back at me.
"Good job Thanos.", She said with a smile, her face more beautiful than ever.
"Thank you, your Highness.", I said with a smile.

We were finally content.
Finally happy.
In fact,
Finally we lived happily ever after.

°°°

I am bound to you,

I am completed by you,
I am a page full of imperfections,
I'm perfect because of your affections.

You are my heart's solace,
You are my nights and my days,
You are the love I fretted for all these years,
You wash away all my fears.

Our love is beyond the shakles of this world,
For you are mine and I am your world.

°°°

Author's note:
I hope you enjoyed this book. I personally, loved writing this, I hope you did too.

Tell me in the comments section,who was your favourite character in this book.

Your comments inspired me a lot throughout the book, giving me new ideas and helping me write. Thank you so much for all the encouragement!

Yours,
Asmita.

•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°