f o r t y o n e | The Proposal

Aisha's Point Of View
°°°

I tried very hard, as time ticked off. Just then the door suddenly unlocked as I immediately got out of the room.
I shut my eyes due to the light, placing my hands in front of eyes. I slowly removed my hands to find an arrow made of cardboard with blue lights around it. It pointed towards the right. I followed the direction, feeling extremely weird. What was going on?

A door stood opposite to me. As far as I knew it was a guest room, which was rarely opened.
"Come in, please.",
A note stuck on the door said.

I opened the door and walked in. As the door shut behind me, suddenly rose petals started falling on me. I slowly looked around myself to find the room lit with scented candles. I walked in towards the table which had a card on it.

"Happy Birthday, Menaka."

It said as I felt a smile appearing on my face. This man had his ways, as always. I was smiling as I looked at the beautiful handmade card. Just then I felt his hand on mine as he drew closer to me. I could feel his warm breath on my shoulder.
"You liked it?", He asked, his voice a whisper.
I nodded as I turned towards him. He was elegantly dressed in a jet black tuxedo.

"You look so handsome..", I said adoring him as he smiled back at me.
"I had something to tell you.", He said with a smile as I nodded.

We were just inches apart. He held onto my hand as he begun, looking straight into my eyes.
"We met at college and trust me it was hate at first sight. I'm never going to forget that look you gave me, like a ferocious lioness.", He whispered as I smiled,
"From that day I knew you were not just another girl.. you were different. The only one who dared cross the Bad Boy's path with no regrets. I hated you and it was my hate that forced me to marry you. I wanted to ruin you, torchure you.. but then, my lioness always had an upper hand.", I broke into laughter as I felt my eyes getting numb.
"I tried my level best to torchure you, but you.. you always managed to make me get the taste of my own medicine.. and tell you brought Pihu back into this house.", He paused to clear his throat, his eyes were also getting numb.
"I think I could never thank you enough for that.. I will never be able to thank you for all that you've done.. from taking care of my family to making sure that they were ready to disown me for you.", I smiled at him wiping off a frail tear.

After this he paused as he drew closer to me.
"And today, on your birthday, I wish to confess something.", He whispered edging close to my ear. I felt a chill at his husky voice.
"I love you.. infact, I love you Aisha Siddhath Goenka.", He whispered as he moved away. He looked straight into my eyes, as he rubbed off my tears.
"Tears don't suit you. You look better with that 'I'm just too good' smirk.", He said as he held my hand tighter.
"And yes, I'll be waiting for your reply.", He said with a wink as he continued,
"Now let's cut your birthday cake.", He said leading me towards the chocolate cake kept on the table with 'Happy Birthday Aisha' written on it.

I was about to ask him to call Pihu when he intervened,
"I'll call Pihu. You don't need to tell me.", He said with a smile as he walked out of the room. I found myself blushing thinking about what had just happened. I shut my eyes as I felt my cheeks go warm.

Oh God! What had this man done to me..?

°°°
Author's note:
Tada! There is Sid confessing his love in the best way possible!

Tell me what you think about Sid's proposal in the comments section!
😃😃😃
I still cannot believe we completed forty one chapters! Tell me which is the best part of this book by far..!

!