t w e n t y n i n e | The Dance

Siddharth's Point Of View
°°°

She took me towards the dance floor. I stood opposite to her completely clueless. She slowly took my left hand and placed it on her waist as she wrapped her hands around my neck. At this suddenly the spotlight flashed up on us as we edged closer.

The music started.

Hawaaon mein bahenge
Ghataon mein rahenge
Tu barkha meri
Main tera baadal piya

Jo tere na huve toh
Kisi ka na rahenge
Deewani tu meri
Main tera paagal piya

We moved slowly with the music as I looked deep into her hazel eyes. It seemed like the whole world had dimmed away. It was only Aisha and me. We were just inches apart as suddenly feelings started evolving within me.

Hazaaron mein kisi ko taqdeer aisi
Mili hai ik Ranjha aur Heer jaisi

Suddenly my heart started beating very fast. What was happening to me suddenly..?
Why was staying close to her, looking in her hazel eyes doing this to me?
This was not the first time that I was so close to a woman but she... She was making me feel so different..I closed my eyes to prevent the undeniable feeling that was creeping into me.

Na jaane ye zamaana
Kyun chaahe re mitaana
Kalank nahi ishq hai kaajal piya
Piya, piya, piya re...
Piya re, piya re...
Piya re, piya re, piya re, piya re...

I slowly raised my left hand and took her hand as I slowly helped her in turning as I stared at her gorgeous looks. The song finally paused her as she somehow lost her balance and bumped onto me. I stood still staring at her as the hall erupted with cheers and claps.
"You're okay?", I asked in a whisper.
"I'm perfectly fine.", She whispered back regaining her balance.

We slowly got off the floor towards the drinks section.
"You dance well.", Aisha said with a smile as I took a glass of whiskey.
"Thanks.", I mumbled, my mind still occupied with the feelings I was having while waltzing with her.
"Wait... Where is Pihu?", She suddenly asked looking around hastily.
At this even I snapped out of my thoughts. I had not seen her for quite some time.

"You didn't see her?", I asked Aisha, now straightening up.
"Of course I saw her. In fact I got her ready for the party in her favourite pink frock. But I cannot see her..", she said looking around as I placed the glass of whiskey on the table and walked up accompanied by Aisha. Just then I saw Pihu, in her cute pink frock, as I glanced up I suddenly felt a hateful chill down my spine.

It was Anjali.
I immediately advanced up to her as she spoke to Pihu. Pihu immediately noticed me as she ran up to me asking me to lift her in my arms. Aisha too had come up with me.
"Pihu.. dad has an injury, so he cannot lift you up. You come along with me.. we'll meet dad's friends.. okay?", She said kneeling to reach Pihu's height. Pihu immediately agreed and left the scene with Aisha as I advanced towards Anjali.

"Why are you here?", My voice was laced with contempt.
"I wanted to meet my daughter.", She said softly, definitely confronted by me.
"Ah.. your daughter, is she? You left her and went two days back, madam.", I said mocking her as she looked up at me hatefully.
"You and your beloved wife had in fact forgotten her. She was alone here when I came. After all a mother is a mother.", She said the last statement proudly as I looked at her with a crooked smirk.
"Guess what, Anjali? You are right. But you know a mother is not who just gives birth and decides on enjoying her personal interests.", I said sounding more philosophical than I was.
"So you mean to say that your filthy middle class wife-"
"Mind your tongue, Anjali Rai. She is my wife and no one can insult her. No one.", I said as she stared up at me in shock.
"You loved me! You loved me Siddharth!", Her voice was louder than required as suddenly everybody turned towards us.
"Lower your volume.", I said in gritted teeth.
"Why?! I'm saying the truth! Now you are not even letting me meet my daughter! This is so wrong!", This was when I realised she was basically doing a publicity stunt. I had to stop it otherwise this was going to get bad.

There was just too many press reporters and our media is already amazing.

"Enough, Anjali. You cannot say anything and everything to Sid. You left your daughter here for six months after which he can get her legal custody, so please.", Aditi said looking at her hatefully.
"No. This is a lie.", She said as Varun interrupted,
"You are trying to merely defame Siddharth, Ms. Anjali.", He said stepping up.
She paused and stared at him.
It was not a question, it was a statement.
"But I'm speaking the truth! You are Varun Khaiten.. you know him! He's a bad boy who ruins women's lives!", She said. All her words seemed to be like daggers.

After all, it was true that I had loved her.
Her.

"He does nothing like that madam. In fact he is a very responsible father and husband. He got shot while saving his wife. You are merely defaming him for your personal interests.", Varun said as I stared at him in shock.
He was being so good to me?

Anjali was caught as all the camera men and reporters advanced towards her asking her a billion questions.
She immediately left the party much to my pleasure.

I immediately walked up to Varun who was back to talking to his fiance.
"Thanks.", I said as he smiled back.
"You are a good man, Sid. I had not known your past but now that I know, I don't mind losing that match to you. After all, you are Manav Choudhury's son.. not that I'm gonna tell anyone.", He said with a smile.

"Thanks..", I said looking down with a smile.
"Guess we can be friends?", He asked, raising his hand. I took it with much pleasure.
"Finally. Now Aisha can do my bridal make up!", Naira said with a smile as she gave a side hug to Varun.

"I'll just come..", I said as I walked up to my room.
The words ringing in my ears...
He is a bad boy who ruins women's life!

°°°
Author's note:
What do you think about this chapter?
Varun and Sid are finally in good terms and you can expect many more scenes of Varuneeti..!
And I'm so in love with Kalank's Title Track!! ❤️❤️

Tell me your views in the comments section
😃😃😃