f i f t y t w o | The Reason

Siddharth's Point Of View

°°°

"Siddharth!", I heard the shrill cry and woke up. Aisha was on top of me, looking at me in shock as she immediately moved away.
"What am I doing here?!", She asked looking away, shoving her curls behind her ear.
"You got drunk yesterday and I had to bring you here. You fell on top of me and fell asleep.", I said rubbing my eyes, my head still felt heavy.
"What?! But how?", She asked looking at me in shock.
"Now, don't ask me that. It's a long story.", I said with a yawn as she immediately got off the bed.
"I'm so sorry..", she mumbled softly, purely embarrassed.
"It's okay. I understand.", I said looking at her. She had turned her back towards me.
I sighed.

Suddenly my phone buzzed. It was put on vibration mode.
Pihu.
"Aisha.", I said softly as she paused and turned towards me.
"I know you had misunderstandings with me, but please don't punish Pihu for that. At least talk to her once.", I said softly, as her gaze softened a bit. She nodded as I picked up Pihu's call.

"Dad! You are okay?!", She asked frantically.
"Of course. I'm fine."
"Why did you not call yesterday?! I was so scared! You have become very irresponsible dad!", She started scolding me.
"Oh.. I'm so sorry, darling. Really. I-"
"No! You call me every night and you did not call me yesterday!", She was shouting on me.

The thing was I could not sleep without her, so I used to call her at night whenever I went out.

"Okay, my mom.. okay. Understood,now stop scolding me.", I said amused at her anger.
"Huh!", She said irritably.
"Okay, you want to speak to your Aisha mom?", I asked softly. She paused.
"She's with you, dad? She's agreed to stay with us?", She asked hopefully.
"You want to speak to her?", I asked again avoiding her questions, to which even I wanted to know the answers.

"Yes!", She said as I got off the bed and handed the phone to Aisha. She looked a little scared, and why not? She was the defaulter here.

Aisha's Point Of View
°°°

"Hello.", I said softly, completely unsure of myself.
"Aisha mom!", The sweet voice said from the other side of the call. The words I had yearned to hear for the last ten years. I shut my eyes, as it seemed to pierce my soul. Siddharth noticed those instant tears as he left immediately. Leaving me alone.
"Yes..", my voice suddenly felt numb.
"Aisha mom, why did you go?! Why?!", Even her voice broke away as we managed to speak. I drew in a sharp breath.

No.
Now too much time had passed.
It was time I finally told the truth.

I rubbed off my tears as I finally gulped and said,
"Pihu, you really want to know?"
"Yes. Please.. I know you did not misunderstand him and leave. I just know it.", She said confidently as I finally began.

"When you dad was shot while saving me in my College, Vinod Khanna had called me that day.", I began as she immediately said,
"That Mafia who's in jail now? Dad was an evidence in his case."
"Yes."
"Please continue.", She said soaking in the truth.
"He had told me that if I did not leave Siddhath and return to him, he would kill Siddhath.. it was nothing impossible for him. He had tried and tested the formula many a times. I was afraid. I did not want to lose him. That was when I met my childhood friend Aditya. He helped me and said that he would save me from Vinod. That's when we planned on purposely misunderstanding Siddhath..", I felt mentally exhausted as I said.

I felt stupid. I shouldn't have left Siddhath. Left her. But that time I saw no other way. Now that Vinod was in the prison, I felt safer.

Pihu stayed silent for a while before she spoke.
"Why are you not telling him the truth now?", She asked softly.
"I don't have the guts.", I said truthfully.
Pihu paused for a while, again judging as to what to say.
"Aisha mom, don't worry. I know what to do next.", She said as I felt a little hope light up within me.

°°°
Author's note
Updates will be a little late because my classes have begun in full swing..
So please don't mind 😇😇

So, do you think Pihu will again be the Cupid for Sid and Aisha?

Tell me in the comments section!
😃😃😃