f o r t y t h r e e | Last Breath

Siddharth's Point Of View°°°

°°°

We were at the beach soon while Pihu jumped about in excitement. I was kind of jealous of her because Aisha was more bothered about her shoes than about my existence.
Pihu went towards the sea with her favourite Varun uncle who was just too good with kids.
"Look she's so cute!", Aisha said nudging me on my arm as we looked at Pihu play.
"Indeed.", I said in a bored tone. Aisha narrowed her eyes and looked at me,
"Why are you behaving this way?", She asked as I crossed my hands in front of my chest.
"Because you have time for everyone except me, I'm supposed to your husband and you don't even look at me nicely.", I said with a sigh as Aisha started laughing.
"Aww! You are so cute..", she said punching me lightly on my arm.
"Huh! I'm not talking to you..", I said turning away as she held my arm.
"You're jealous of your daughter?", She asked with a wide smile.
"Yes. All thanks to you.", I said with a sigh. I was wearing an unbuttoned lemon yellow shirt. She edged towards me holding the open ends of my shirt.
"You look so hot when you're jealous, Thanos.", She said with a wink. I immediately slipped my hand to her waist. She was wearing a crop top with shorts. I pulled her towards myself.
"Who do you think you are Madame?", I asked as she looked at me with a mischievous grin.
She stood on her toes to reach my ears.
"You're wife, Monsieur.", She whispered as she immediately moved away, laughing.

This girl had her ways.

I sat back on my beach bed, looking at Gaurav and Aditi who were shamelessly kissing each other, Varun and Naira who were enjoying with Pihu as Aisha went and joined them.
Ah why am I so lonely?!
I wondered when suddenly I received a message on my phone.

"Can we talk? Please, it's urgent. Don't ignore this one.. I've something really important to say.", It was from Anjali,who somehow decided on speaking to me. I sighed, I thought insulting Anjali would be a better option than feeling bored. I dialed her number as she immediately picked it up.
"What do you have to say?", I asked curtly sitting lying back on the beach bed.
"Listen. Aisha.. her life.. her life.. she's in danger..", Anjali was panting as I immediately sat up.

It was weird and hateful that I still cared about her existence. Couldn't help it, could I?

"What happened?", I asked immediately.
"Listen. Just get Aisha out of that beach.", Saying so she hung up the call. I paused looking at the hung up call and then turned towards Aisha. She was perfectly fine, playing with Pihu. I stood up and started looking around, what danger could she ever have here?

I walked down towards them.
"Hey Aisha! Let's go deeper into the sea!", Varun said as he gave Pihu's hand to me.
"Take care of her.", He said as she swam towards the deeper end. I knelt in front of Pihu who was busy talking about her new hat. Just then I heard a cry, "Aisha!", It was Varun's. I immediately stood up straight to find Varun frantically looking for Aisha who was seen no where. My throat went absolutely dry.

"Just get Aisha out of the beach.", It seemed like I could hear Anjali's voice screaming in my mind again. I immediately took Pihu towards the beach bed and made her sit, took my swimming goggles and ran towards the sea. I was afraid of water, the prime reason behind my disapproval in coming to Goa but I definitely did not have a choice. I edged towards the deeper end where Varun seemed to search for Aisha frantically.

"Where is she?", I asked looking at his pale face.
"I-I don't know she was here, then suddenly it felt like a current just-", I did not waste time as I dived into the water. The reason behind me being afraid of water was basic, once I had got nearly saved from drowning in s swimming pool. I knew how to swim but it had been quite some time before.

I looked into the water feeling my heart beat frantically in my chest. I was already afraid of water and with Aisha nowhere near the heartbeats merely doubled. I came out to take oxygen and dived again. Just then I noticed a hand, struggling against some force behind it.

I could feel my breath ebb away. I knew it was Aisha, trying the escape who ever was pulling her. It was my only chance to save her before I lost her again in the water... And I knew I didn't have enough oxygen to do it...

°°°
Author's note:
Suspense prevails..! 😉
Do you think Sid will save Aisha?
And yes, if it's getting too filmy just forgive me.. I get the Bollywood bug at times.

What do you think about this chapter tell me in the comments section.!
😃😃😃

! 😃😃😃