f i f t y | And They Met

Pihu's Point Of View

°°°

Next morning I was seated in the auditorium along with other students. Just then dad arrived as everyone clapped.
"Thank you for your presence, Mr. Siddhath Goenka..", the anchor started off with all his achievements as everyone looked at him in awe and then glanced at me as if jealous. Of course, I enjoyed that.

"Now let us begin with the prize distribution ceremony. I would request our chief guest, Mr. Goenka to step onto the stage to hand over the awards.", He said as Dad walked up to the stage.
The award ceremony began. It began from the senior most class, class twelve. I sat silently as Dad handed the Topper's trophy and clicked photographs. All the parents were also present and the Topper's parent got the golden opportunity to meet dad and get a photograph clicked.

It was soon class ten, section A. I sat in anticipation praying. God, if I did not go up to the stage I was going to be judged terribly, after what people had heard about dad. I gulped nervously and sat.
"First position from class ten, A goes to Pihu Goenka.", The anchor said as a trophy was handed to dad. He beamed as I walked up to the stage feeling blessed. He handed me the trophy with a wide smile.
"I'm so proud of you..", he whispered as we clicked the photograph.
I walked down the stage feeling more relaxed than I had ever expected to.

The prize distribution went on until it was Class four when something caught my eye. The announcement took place, "The topper from class four, section B is Sasha Sharma.", I immediately turned to my side as the little girl walked up to the stage.

Siddharth's Point Of View
°°°

It was extremely tiring to hand over awards to so many students but here I was, doing it. As the girl Sasha Sharma, walked up to me I had to bend to hand her the trophy. Before I could do that she suddenly said, "Sir, can you hand to over to my mom?", She asked. I raised a brow, this was an unexpected request.
I smiled at her innocence and agreed. She turned towards the audience and called out, "Mom!"
I looked down at her. Those eyes. How very familiar. And that surname of course, how could I ever forget it?
I sighed as finally her mom walked out of the crowd.

I froze.
She wore a beautiful saree, with perfect earrings to match it. Her hair left open, flowing down to her waist. A smile plastered on her beautiful face. It was Aisha. She walked up to the stage with a smile as if she had never know me and nothing had ever happened between us. Tears iched my eyes but I managed to keep them in as I handed her the award.
"Sir, please come close for the photograph.", I heard the photographer say we I was pulled out of my daze. She seemed indifferent about our past as she happily smiled. I edged closer to her and posed for the photograph with a forced smile.

"Thank you so much, Sir!", Sasha piped in as she walked down the stage. I nodded gulping.
The programme ended and I was felicitated with some momento but even at this my complete attention was towards Aisha who sat with Sasha looking perfectly normal. As if my presence did not affect her. After it was all over I immediately followed her out.
It was extremely crowded.
"Ms. Sharma!", I shouted from a distance rushing towards her. She paused and then turned.
"Yes, Mr. Goenka?", She asked with a small smile.
I suddenly went blank. I did not know why I had called her. I just did not know what to say.
"Aisha mom..! You are here.. And-", Pihu said as she stood beside me when Aisha cut her off,
"I'm sorry but why did you call me Aisha 'mom'?", She asked as if not understanding anything.
"Why are you pretending?", Pihu asked, with a glint of anguish.
"Sasha, please go and sit in the car.", Aisha said as Sasha left immediately.
"Yes. Continue.", She said sounding extremely arrogant.
"Aisha you have no right to speak to her that way.", I said sharply.
"And you have no right to stalk me.", Aisha said coldly.
"Aisha mom, please.. don't do this..", Pihu said softly, tears welling up in her eyes. Aisha's face hardened.
"I don't want you to come close to my daughter, Siddhath Goenka. Get that in your head. There's nothing left between us.", She said coldly as she turned to leave.

"You hate me so much?", My voice broke as I called onto her.
"More than you expected, is it?", She asked coldly. I drew in a sharp breath.
"Don't worry I'll reciprocate the same for you.", I said as I turned towards my car. Tears iching my eyes to fall but I would not let them.

I would shed no tears for her.
Ever.

°°°
Author's note:
Aisha, and her unreasonable hate.
Siddharth, and his forcing himself to hate.
We are in for a lot of drama.

What do you think about this chapter?

And we are
in chapter no. 50! I hope you enjoyed the journey so far..
Tell me in the comments section!

😃😃😃