f i f t y f o u r | Promise

Siddharth's Point Of View
°°°

I immediately rushed behind her. She walked into one of the guest rooms on the ground floor as I walked in behind her. "Aisha.", I said softly shutting the door behind us. She turned towards me, rubbing off her tears.
"I'm sorry.", She mumbled as I walked up to her.
"It's okay.", I mumbled, all the pain that I had faced in the last ten years fading away in moments as my eyes brimmed with tears.

She looked at me wanting to say a lot more than words could allow.
"I missed you.. I'm sorry... I-I should have told you..", she said in between sobs.
I did not interrupt her as she continued.
"I..I was afraid for you.. Vinod-"
"He's in prison now, Aisha.", I said calmly at his mention as she nodded,
"I know, and that's why I had the courage to come in front of you.. I am so coward.. I should have said..", she said going into a guilt ride. I stood there, letting my tears fall freely.

"Aisha. It's over now, that struggle.."
"But you hate me.. don't you?! You should?! Infact you must! I gave so much pain to you and Pihu.. I left her like an insensitive person and them Sasha.. I kept her devoid of her father's love.. I took your-", I placed a finger on her lips, wiping off her tears with the thumb of my other hand.
"I love you..", I whispered edging closer to her. She looked at me in disbelief as I nodded encouragingly.

"I cannot hate my Menaka,can I?", My voice had a beautiful eloquence which I had never expected it to have.
She immediately hugged me tightly crying incessantly. I embraced her back. How much I needed her..
"I love you!", She said crying as I felt a small smile appear on my face. She broke the hug as I kissed her softly on her forehead.

"And yes, don't cry otherwise all your make up will come off.", I said with my old 'Im so smart' smirk. She punched me lightly on my chest as my hands went around her waist.
"Thanos once, Thanos forever.", She said looking falsely annoyed.
I pulled her closer.
"Your Thanos.", I said as she blushed deep red.
I slowly placed my hand on her cheek wiping off another tear.
"Don't leave me and go, ever again. I cannot live without you..", I said as she nodded.
"Promise."
"Pakka? (Sure)"
"Pakka wala Promise.", She said as I finally pulled her into a kiss. It was no lust, it was pure, chaste love.

We parted after what seemed ages.
Just then there was a sharp knock at the door, much to my annoyence.
"Yes?!", I shouted irritably.
"Dad?", Pihu asked as I sighed.
"Yes, dear.", I said, sounding affectionate.
"Aisha mom is there with you?", She asked softly but audible enough for me to hear.
"Yes, she's there. We're coming. You continue the party.", I said as she left immediately, I was sure she was happy... After all she found her beloved Aisha mom, again.

Aisha wrapped her hands around my neck. I looked down at her.
"Menaka, please. This is not the right time..", I said with a wink as she immediately moved away blushing deeply.
Just the way she used to before as a smile spread over my face. It felt like years since I had been happy.
"You can speak just anything.. can't you?", She asked looking up at me, amused.
I edged closer to her ear and whispered,
"I learnt it from you darling."
She narrowed her eyes and gave me an irritable look before rubbing off the remnant of tears on her face with her handkerchief.

After she was done, we walked out of the room.
Hand in hand.
I noticed Pihu and that gleeful glint in her eyes as I gave her a wide smile.
"Let's complete the dance that we had left incomplete.", I said as we walked up to the little stage.

Varun and Gaurav had joined into the party with their wives and children. Of course Pihu had told them about all that had happened as they beamed at both of us. I pulled Aisha close to myself as I placed my hand on her waist.

The music slowly tuned in as we started waltzing to the music.

Hum Tere Bin Ab Reh Nahi Sakte
Tere Bina Kya Wajood Mera
Hum Tere Bin Ab Reh Nahi Sakte
Tere Bina Kya Wajood Mera
Tujhse Juda Gar Ho Jaayenge 
Toh Khud Se Hi Ho Jaayenge Judaa

Her eyes did water this time, but it was only due to the happiness. The old memories seemed to replenish themselves like a movie.

Kyunki Tum Hi Ho
Ab Tum Hi Ho
Zindagi Ab Tum Hi Ho
Chain Bhi, Mera Dard Bhi
Meri Aashiqui Ab Tum Hi Ho

The way we had met in the college campus. It was definitely hate at first sight. Then me, forcibly marrying her. How she slowly came to know about my past.. she had accepted it all, without a second though. How she had taken over the control of my life like an angel, how she healed every wound of mine.

Tera Mera Rishta Hai Kaisa
Ik Pal Door Gawaara Nahi
Tere Liye Har Roz Hai Jeete
Tujh Ko Diya Mera Waqt Sabhi
Koi Lamha Mera Na Ho Tere Bina
Har Saans Pe Naam Tera

A tear trickled down my eyes as she rubbed it off with a smile. I smiled back at her, a deep satisfaction within me... I knew if she was with me I'd come through anything. We both believed the same as she waltzed, walking down that memory lane.

Kyunki Tum Hi Ho
Ab Tum Hi Ho
Zindagi Ab Tum Hi Ho
Chain Bhi, Mera Dard Bhi
Meri Aashiqui Ab Tum Hi Ho

"I love you Aisha.. I love you..", I whispered edging closer to her.
"I know that my Siddharth, loves me. I love you too.. I love you just too much..", she mumbled as finally the music faded away. We paused as we stood staring at each others eyes, holding each others hands. The hall broke the unending silence by clapping.

"You are never leaving me Aisha Siddharth Goenka.", I said as she nodded and said,
"I will never leave you. May what come.", She said as I finally felt that it was all okay, now.

°°°
Author's note:
Last chapter.
I just loved writing this book..and thank you so much for all the love and support you guys gave me!

Epilogue coming soon.!
Give me any suggestions for that if you wish to in the comments section!
Tell me what did you love the most about this book!

Yours,
Parker.