t h i r t y f i v e | The Kidnapping

Siddharth's Point Of View

°°°

I stood in the living room checking Gmail on my phone when I heard footsteps down the stairs. I immediately looked up to find Aisha walking down, her beautiful blue gown flowing along with her. She wore perfect make up and her silver earrings went perfectly with her look. I stood staring at her as she walked up to me.

"Sid?", She asked when I realized I was staring at her.
"Ye-Yes.", I managed to say.
"How do I look?", She asked when I looked at her with a smile and said,
"You look like Menaka.", I said with a wink as she nudged me lightly on my shoulder.
"Please.. now don't remind me about yesterday. I was drunk so badly that I don't know what all I said.", She said blushing deeply.
"No, but you are better when you are drunk. You are cute.", I said as she looked at me in embarrassment.
"You can really say anything.. now come on. Let's go. And yes, I've asked dad's driver to pick Pihu from school.", She said as I nodded.
"You'll be a perfect mom.", I said as she turned towards the door to leave.
"I'm already one.", She said with a wink as I followed her out of the mansion.

I had asked my assistant to manage work in office today, so there was no tension as we set out towards my favourite restaurant.

My hand was in a comparatively better state, so I could easily drive my car.
Aisha sat beside me.
"By the way, you look good.", She said as I looked at her for a while and immediately turned towards the road.
"Thank you, it's a rare thing that you decide on complementing me.", I said mocking her as she looked at me with a smile.
"And it's a rare thing that you decide on taking me out for lunch."
"Ah! Of course.", I said as we drove. Just then Aisha's phone rang.

She picked it up.
"Hello..", we were standing at the signal when I saw her expression changing from happiness to shock. She kept the phone looking very pale.
"What happened?", I asked shaking her lightly.
"Sid.. Pihu..", she was mumbling when I felt panic rising within me.
"What happened Aisha?!"
"Pihu has been kidnapped by Vinod.", She stated as I felt my life falling like a pack of cards.

Damn it!

"Vinod had called?", I asked frantically.
She nodded.
"We have to go to his area again. He's cruel.. he'll kill her..", she said rubbing off her tears and sitting up.
"Okay, don't panic. We'll get her.", I said immediately taking an U - turn and riding towards Vinod's area.

We reached there pretty soon.
I immediately got off.
"No. Sid I'll go.", She said. I tried to say something but she cut me off.
"See, we have to plan and do this. I know Vinod still has a certain liking towards me. In fact the last day I was kidnapped he told me. So, let me go first. I will grab his attention and by that time you can get Pihu and come out.", She said.

"But what about you? I don't want to lose you..", I said truthfully as she immediately said, placing a hand on my shoulder.
"I will be absolutely fine."
Saying so she advanced towards the bungalow in the forest. I followed her slowly and carefully. Hoping to not get seen.

Aisha walked into the bungalow fearlessly as I slowly followed her. Vinod was sitting on a rocking chair while Pihu was busy talking to him about random things. Really, my daughter had no idea what trouble she was in. Aisha walked into the hall room while Pihu was speaking about chocolate cakes.
"

Aisha! Oh I knew you'd come. I just knew it.", Vinod said standing up.
"Let her go Vinod.", Aisha said rigidly as I slowly advanced. It was pretty dark and damp and most of Vinod's men were staring at Aisha, so I slowly went in, staying very close to the wall, in the shadows.

"You look so beautiful, Aisha.", Vinod said advancing towards her.
"Please. Why don't you just let me be?! You had betrayed me with that Anjali and now-"
"Oh come on! Does that really matter now? Come back to me and your foster daughter will live happily ever after.", He said calmly with a smile.
I slowly advanced towards Pihu who was sitting at looking at the scene that was going on.

"Oh please, Vinod. I've had had enough of this. Please.. let me be.", She was nearly pleading as I immediately placed a hand on Pihu's mouth to prevent her from screaming as she struggled under my grip. I caught Aisha's eyes and signalled her to come out as I somehow pulled Pihu out and took her to my car.
I made her sit as she looked at me in shock.

"Dad! You??", She asked as I nodded and said,
"Pihu darling,now sit here quietly. Dad will bring your Aisha mom.", I said as she sat quietly.

I slowly advanced towards Vinod's mansion. That was when I heard a cry and I knew exactly to whom it belonged as I immediately ran towards the mansion.

°°°
Author's note:
How's the chapter?
Did any of you expect this to happen?
Who do you think the cry belonged to?

Tell me in the comments section below.
😃😃😃