dos

daniel couldn't believe what he was seeing.

he couldn't have more bad luck. daniel thought that by not being a prominent or important person, not being a party person or someone who stands out too much for his qualifications, he wouldn't be noticed by cupid but he was wrong.

in his junior year of high school daniel had to play the cupid game.
that fucking stupid game.

and not with corbyn besson one of the most assholes of this institute according to daniel.

corbyn was self-centered, a bad influence, a bully, the worst of the worst and one of the cruelest people in the institute.

daniel wondered if perhaps his family could love him the way he was.

the blue-eyed boy put the letter back in his backpack and raised his head to see that no one had seen him. and everything seemed to be normal, nobody was paying attention to him nor even zach and margo that they were discussing in the distance the problems of the chicken wings of the cafeteria.

daniel thought about going back to the table as if nothing was happening, but he couldn't do that.
no one could refuse the cupid game.
as he walked back to his table with the coins still in one hand and his dignity almost gone he saw a group going in the same direction. a group that he knew perfectly, led by eben franckewitz and at his side was walking corbyn calmly, as if nothing could affect him in any way.

jack and abigil were behind them, whispering things in their ears. abigail rested a hand on the shoulder of jack to get closer to him and at that moment daniel was able to hear what the brunette girl was asking him.

" they aren't going to hurt her, right?" asked the girl feeling worried.

abigail, despite going with the trio calabera, that's what daniel called them, she wasn't bad.
she was just kinda blind. she had always been friends with them, but she had never been able to see how the boys had ended up being the biggest assholes in the institute. for her they were just her friends.

"of course not, abby." lied the curly-haired boy.

they weren't going to hit her, it wasn't going to be physical damage, jack was right about that.
but there was a way to hurt without physical contact.
a way you left that person in the shit and they knew it.

"how is my favorite alien?" asked eben approaching the table where daniel had been before and now zach was trying to steal a chicken wing from margo's dish.

at that moment daniel realized what they were going to do. he came with a decisive step to his table just to protect his friend but before he could reach an arm stopped him.

it had been a strong blow, the attacker had stretched his arm to prevent daniel from approach the table and had hit him in the stomach causing daniel to feel a little dizzy and sore.

"be quiet, boy." said corbyn besson as if he were eben's bodyguard.

corbyn believed that everyone feared him enough to not to dare to contradict him. the problem was that in many cases that was true and daniel used to fear him.

daniel stared at those green eyes that looked like an angel but that actually belonged to a demon. to one of the worst demons.