treinta y seis

"margo, i think it's time for you to go to sleep."

the freckled girl looked at her mother standing at the door of the living room. she wore her blue and white striped pajamas. her eyes were tired. the clock struck twelve o'clock at night and the television was still on. she knew she should be in bed now. she had trouble moving her joints and felt that she would fall asleep at any moment. however, she felt lazy that day. the truth was that lately she didn't feel like doing anything, most of the time she tried to be with her friends or supporting daniel to be able to get rid of eben from her head. they hadn't talked to each other since he left her planted after the kiss.

"and tidy up your room! it's a freaking mess." her mother spoke again.

margo frowned. she always had the room tidy and she did remember herself cleaning up her room just yesterday. "five more minutes, mom." she asked with a sly voice.

"no way. to the bed. right now."

margo twisted her mouth. it was hard to convince her mother. she turned off the tv with the remote control and walked lazily towards the door of her room. her mother returned to hers and margo considered for a few seconds to return back to the living room.

margo finally opened the bedroom door as she ran her hand over her sleepy eyes and when she opened them she found that her mother was right. her table was mess and a couple of papers and pens were dropped in the floor, the baseball bat that her father gave her at age seven and used to be leaning next to the window was now on the floor too and on her carpet there was a huge blanket that practically took up all the free space in the room.

margo snorted, not only because she didn't remember having messed it up but because tomorrow she would have to clean it up. she turned on the light to see better and closed the door. turning, she noticed that the blanket was moving. "what the hell?"

the blanket moved completely uncovering a person hiding under it. "gosh, it's you, i thought your mother would come in again." eben muttered, taking off the blanket and rising to make margo raise his head to look at him. "sorry for the mess." the green-eyed boy confessed. "entering through the window has been more complicated than i expected. i hit the bat and i fell on the table. i promise you that i will order everything. "

margo didn't know what to say, she was speechless. it used to happen when she was with eben. "we need to talk." the freckled girl didn't like those words at all, they were the ones people used to break up. only this time he couldn't break up with her because they hadn't even time to date each other.

margo approached the bed and sat on the edge without knowing very well what to do or say, so she decided to wait for eben to continue. the green-eyed boy sat next to her and margo forced herself to stare at anything but eben, avoiding being able to know if eben was looking at her.

"i am so sorry." he began to speak. "i don't know what happened to me. i just got carried away. you basically admitted that it would hurt when i'll leave your life! and that... well...hearing you say that broke all my barriers."

margo pursed her lips forcing her not to look at him. what exactly did he mean by that?

eben decided to continue talking when he saw that she didn't intend to answer. "you have no idea how much i've tried to get away from you, to try to see you only as a friend, to... resist the temptation to kiss you." eben laughed sadly, a lazy and lifeless laugh. "i guess i can't brag about having a lot of willpower, right?"