treinta y cinco

the first thing he felt upon waking was something hot by his side, the skin contact against his arm took him by surprise, then he turned around and saw daniel.

his eyes were closed, his eyelashes resting on his cheekbones, his mouth closed as he breathed slowly through his nose. he was looking so delicate and fragile. a knot went through his throat making him unable to breathe. corbyn jumped up from the bed, moving away from him, almost hyperventilating.

i need to get out of here. i need to get away from him. what the hell was i thinking when i decided to do this?

taking his clothes off the floor, he put on his boxers and his pants quickly. he left his room being careful not to wake him, he didn't want to face him, he couldn't face his expectations and break his heart again. corbyn couldn't make him cry and see him run away from him, not again.

then come back in there. the voice of his conscience reproached him, but corbyn couldn't do that either. he wasn't what daniel expected, or what daniel needed. he couldn't be in a relationship with someone when he didn't believe in that shit because sooner or later corbyn would end up hurting him and ruining a cute boy who doesn't deserve it.

if i know i can't give him what he wants, why do i keep attracting him to me? corbyn wondered. why can't i let him go? because i'm a fucking selfish idiot, that's why, because just imagining him with someone else hurts. i can't be with him but i don't let him be with anyone else either.

the blonde boy came down the stairs, running and took the car keys from the key place. run, like the selfish coward you are.

he was about to take the door knob when he heard someone clear his throat. he turned to see jordan sitting on the furniture, wearing sportswear, he had to come from his morning exercise routine. "where are you going dressed like that?"

and that was when corbyn realized that he was only wearing pants, he didn't even have shoes. "to nowhere." he said quickly, returning the keys to its place, he didn't want to look like an idiot.

"are you running away?"

"no, i'm just a little asleep yet."

jordan gave him an incredulous look. "you don't have to lie, you run away from the boy who sleeps in your bed this morning, don't you?"

corbyn didn't even bother to deny it, jordan knew absolutely everything that happenned in this house unlike his absent parents. the blonde boy said nothing, his older brother just smiled and called martha. "bring him a shirt and some shoes." he ordered and martha disappeared on the stairs.

"what are you doing?"

jordan just shrugged. "helping you escape."

"why would you do that?"

jordan leaned back, spreading his arms on the couch. "i'm your older brother, i'm supposed to help you in difficult times."

"you never help anyone without receiving anything in return."

jordan smiled. "can't i help my brother for no hidden reason?"

martha handed him the shirt and corbyn put it on with the shoes. he narrowed his green eyes, watching him, opened my mouth to speak when martha came forward. "mr. besson" the woman looked at corbyn. "daniel has woken up and asked me about you, i didn't know what to tell him."