diecisiete

it was thursday morning and anna was taking care of doing daniel's dirty work.

the rumor about him and corbyn began to spread around the halls and daniel was nervous wishing that corbyn wouldn't hear it and waiting in his locker to see his two best friends appear in the hallway.

margo was the first to be there. she walked with eben down the hall laughing at some comment that the blonde boy just made.

"i don't need a bodyguard." daniel heard the comment that margo made to eben.

"i know, but that is not going to stop me from continuing to be it." eben replied making a small smile appear on the freckled girl's lips and her cheeks looked pink.

"i have already arrived safe and sound to my locker. your work is done, bodyguard." joked margo when they reached her locker, which was next to daniel's.

"it has been a pleasure." eben smiled at her, bowing.

then the blonde boy noticed daniel's gaze on the two of them, greeted him with a nod and turned away from them.

"since when are you friends?" asked the blue-eyed boy with a frown watching as eben walked away to his locker.

"since when do you care?" margo asked, clenching her lips and opening her locker to get in the way of his friend's penetrating gaze.

daniel moved to stand on the other side of margo and force her to look at him. "i'm sorry, i've behaved like an idiot these days. and i've realized too late that i need my friends."

margo let out a sigh and closed the locker. "i needed my friends too daniel, and you weren't there."

daniel grimaced feeling guilty. "and do you still need them? because i do."

the freckled girl couldn't resist the small smile that was drawn on her lips. it felt good to have daniel back in her life. it had only been a couple of days, but it had been a very sad couple of days.

"well, i'll take that as a yes." the dyed blond boy spoke again. "i have to tell you something very important. to you and to zach."

but before margo could ask about that or daniel could keep talking, a brunet boy got in the conversation. "when have you slept with corbyn besson?"

"what?" margo's eyes almost get out of their sockets when they hear zach's question.

"shh!" daniel put his finger to his lips to prevent them from asking more questions ahead of a student. "we have to talk this in a private place."

the three were in the boys' bathroom on the second floor and daniel just told them the whole story.

"this is a better idea than really sleeping with that asshole." margo said after daniel told them the whole plan. the freckled girl looked a third time toward the bathroom door, she didn't want anyone to catch them in there.

daniel scratched his nervous neck. "he is actually not an asshole."

"oh come on! just because you had a nice afternoon with him doesn't make him the best person in the world." margo said rolling her eyes.