veintisiete

friday's noon

"so you didn't call me yesterday for the biology work." said zach, as she watched him pouting. "you promised me you would." he had just sat beside her at one of the cafeteria tables. margo had barely been able to see him this morning and daniel seemed to have disappeared from the face of the earth.

shit, it was true, margo thought. she had spent the afternoon sending messages to eben and had completely forgotten about the biology work. margo put a hand to her hair, slightly restless in case zach was angry. and then she looked at eben, standing in the queue of the cafeteria, away from them looking at her.

the freckled girl shook her head trying to remove the tall blonde boy from her mind, thinking about how to answer her best friend, when he spoke again. "well, it doesn't matter." he said making a gesture of disregarding the matter. "i have something better to tell you anyway." thousands of topics passed through zach's mind that he could talk to margo about, including that he had started kinda dating jonah marais. but the brunet boy wasn't going to tell the truth about them, it was already quite weird to have that conversation with jonah that morning in front of her. zach hated keeping secrets from his friends, but he couldn't tell them about cupid game, he had promised jonah. "why don't you guess who asked me for your phone number? and of course, as a good friend, i had to give it to him..."

what? no, those were the only words that crossed the blonde girl's mind when listening to zach.

then her phone vibrated in her pocket. margo took it out and it was an unknown number. the blonde frowned. potential stalker?

unkown
heeey it's harry here

what's up?

"it looks he's interested."

the freckled girl looked at zach, whose face was hunched over to my mobile phone hidden under the table, reading the message. "harry is the guy who asked you for my number?"

like any answer zach gave her a mischievous smile. then margo felt a presence very close to her neck. she turned to meet eben's face directly focused on her phone. on the screen harry's message was still blinking. margo quickly locked the phone and put it in the back pocket of her pants. for some strange reason, the blonde girl felt nervous.

she didn't want eben to think that the messages with harry could mean what the messages with he himself meant. but what did the messages with eben mean?

with his jaw clenched, eben looked at zach who was observing the situation with a relaxed face. "is this seat free?" eben asked.

"i don't know. is it ?" zach asked looking at margo. he knew that if margo said it wasn't free it would imply that she didn't want eben nearby and zach agree.

margo moved on the bench and left the seat free to eben by her side. the tall boy soon sat down, but stared at the back of the cafeteria at the table where shawn, harry and jonah and some more of the team were sitting. margo followed his gaze and her blue eyes met harry's. the brunet boy winked at him. he had clearly seen her read the message. margo returned a shy smile, trying not to compromise anything, and looked back at the front.

"it seems he didn't have enough with the punch that i hit him last week in training." eben muttered

"you did what'?" margo asked worried.