cuarenta

daniel's first instinct was to run away.

he didn't know why, after spending the whole night thinking about him, looking for him throughout the party, now that he was a few steps away from him, daniel wanted to run away.

corbyn hadn't even bothered to turn around to look at him fully and still managed to speed up daniel's breathing and heart. his presence alone was imposing and the tension on the balcony was too much for daniel.

as a coward, daniel turned towards the door again but before he could touch the doorknob, the blonde boy moved in quick steps and got in the way of daniel, blocking him. daniel always forgot how beautiful and perfect every faction on his face and the intensity of his eyes was.

the blue-eyed boy looked down, backing away but corbyn moved with him, forcing him to back away until his back collided with the balcony rail.

"running away from me?" his voice was cold and it made daniel shudder.

"no." the youngest shook his head, and that made him dizzy.

daniel kept my eyes on his chest, not even the bravery that alcohol gave him was enough to face him. the scent of his cologne hit his nose and he struggled not to close his eyes and inhale heavily.

the blue-eyed boy missed his scent, his presence, and his ability to make him feel everything without even touching him.

"look at me." he ordered, but daniel refused to do so. "look at me, daniel."

reluctantly, the minor obeyed, the infinite green of his eyes was splendid in the moonlight. inadvertently, daniel's gaze dropped to his moist lips. and then he cleared his throat. "i must go." he tried to step aside to get past him but corbyn put both arms against the railing locking him up.

"what are you doing up here?" corbyn pressed him. "did you come looking for me?"

daniel snorted. there was the egocentric corbyn. "of course not, the world doesn't revolve around you."

the blonde gave him that stupid smug smile that fit him so well. "the world, no. but you do. "

his arrogant statement annoyed daniel and he tried pushed him away but corbyn didn't move. "let me out!" he pushed him again without success.

"why? do i make you nervous?"

daniel rolled his eyes, feigning disinterest. "of course not."

"then why are you trembling?" daniel didn't know what to say, so he just look away. "you're trembling and i haven't even touched you, and don't worry, i won't do it either."

why? daniel almost asked it out loud but he didn't say it. corbyn was out of his life, he had to keep his word this time.

silence reigned between them and the blue-eyed boy dared to look up, there was his expression impassive as ever. how do you not feel anything? how can you keep me this close, and not show a single emotion? daniel wondered frustrated. meanwhile, i shudder, struggling to keep my feelings in control, but you look so normal, so calm.

so why won't you let me go if you don't care? why are you blocking my path?

and then, a tidal wave of emotions washed over him. corbyn had hurt him a lot but he didn't seem to want to get out of his life either, either because daniel seemed like an easy boy or because it was a game for corbyn. but daniel was tired of hanging out, of expecting from corbyn what he will never give him. he is not interested in being with me, he has not fought any of the times that i told him that i would get him out of my life.