ocho

daniel seavey was looking for corbyn among the noise of the people in the living room and that is why he realized the fight that was happening on the other side of the window, in the courtyard area between eben and corbyn. but the best friends of these two idiots were too busy to realize it.

abigail was nervous.

her friends knew about the eben's cupid letter but nobody knew the secret that abigail hid. there were some pros and cons in her letter, she liked jack and she liked him as her cupid target because she had always been in love with jack, but she didn't like to do it for a stupid game. she also didn't like having to hide it from everyone.

jack looked at her smiling, as if nothing happened, as if she didn't tremble thinking about the words of the last letter of cupid. kiss him. kiss him at the party.

there was a problem besides all those in that situation. abby and jack were not only friends, they were best friends. and as a best friend, she had to protect their friendship.

and the fact that she was going to kiss him put it at risk.

"are you okay? you haven't drunk anything all night." asked jack worriedly running his thumb down abby's right cheek to pull a brown strand away of her face.

abby used to drink at parties so jack needs a very strange attitude from his brunette friend.

on the other hand, abby felt her heart pounding hard against her chest. the mere contact of jack's soft fingers with her skin made her shiver.

"yes, yes, i'm good. i don't really want to party today." abigail said biting her lip.

what happened was that she didn't want to drink because she didn't want to end up telling jack that he was in her cupid letter.

"do you want us to leave?" jack asked, rising from the stairs where the two had agreed to sit away from the crowd. as usual. they liked to be alone in each other's company.

the curly-haired boy reached out and grabbed abby's to help her up but she shook her head. "no, let's stay."

let's stay because i'm going to do something stupid, abby thought biting her lower lip.

if this was one of her stories, everything would end well, she and jack would still be friends even though they went out together. eben and corbyn would be happy for them and would end the stupid game to love him as he deserved.

but this was not a story. this was real and abby knew the cupid game perfectly.

cupid always chooses people who weren't doing well together and that broke the heart of the brunette girl. the fact that cupid knew she was in love with jack and jack... well and jack didn't feel the same, hurt her.

"hey, are you all right?" asked jack, worried, sitting down next to her and grabbing her hand.

abby had always seen a lot of sweetness in jack's gaze whenever he looked at her but if cupid had chosen them it was because there was something wrong between them.

something she still didn't understand.

abigail nodded but didn't dare to speak.