diez

eben was staring at his phone. he wasn't attending to the conversation his friends had. jack, corbyn and he were sitting on one of the benches behind the school while they smoked and waited for abby. it was monday, back to the routine. if it had been any other monday, eben would probably be complaining about having to go back to school or probably of the new system that jonah had chosen to use in the next match.

but this wasn't any monday. this was the monday after the party. after having screwed everything up with margo. after not having passed the cupid test.

eben didn't want to admit it but he was afraid of what cupid could do to him. he wasn't the bully that everyone thought he was, eben was just one more boy, he was actually a coward even though just a few people knew.

the blonde boy wanted to stay hidden behind the school all day, he wanted the cupid game to disappear.

"i heard you screwed up with margo." jack said with an evil smile on his lips. the curly-haired boy liked it when eben failed, not only because of that feeling of competitiveness but because eben had taken care of the party to spoil the kiss between him and abby. "cupid must be proud of you."

"leave me alone, avery. and don't get in my business." eben muttered looking at him with narrowed eyes.

corbyn didn't like the cupid game, the truth was that he was glad he didn't have to participate in that stupid game, because it was what least interested him. besides, it seemed silly. why would anyone want to spend the whole year trying to conquer a person who you are probably not even interested in?

the only thing that went through the mind of the green-eyed boy was daniel seavey, his thick lips and his soft hands with his long fingers holding his hip. corbyn tried to remove those thoughts from his head trying to focus on his friends' conversation or any nonsense, but it was very complicated.

daniel was quite attractive, corbyn had never realized it until he kissed him, the truth is that he had never given importance to daniel's existence until a week ago when they stuck in front of the institute. now daniel had become irresistible.

"how long do you think will take abby to be here?" asked jack looking sideways, checking that the three were still alone and there were only ten minutes left before the bell rang and they had to go to class.

corbyn threw the cigarette butt on the floor and step on it while releasing the last puff of smoke that he had in his mouth. "she is not going to come, she said we would see her in class."

"what?" the curly-haired boy looked confused. "when did she say that?" he ran his hands through his curly hair trying to prevent small curlers from covering his right eye. he looked nervous.

"she sent me a message this morning." corbyn replied, looking down at his phone, feeling that the conversation bored him more and more. and at that moment, all he could think was that daniel never bored him.

jack hadn't managed to talk to abbigail after she ran from eben's house. after he ran away from him. after his words broke the heart of the curly-haired boy. but jack thought that everything would be fixed on monday, that they would be back as before, but all he felt was that she kept trying to get away from him. and that killed him.

"and what..."

"you can ask her, jack. we should be going to class right now. if the director catches me with another absence, he propbably will make me sign up for all the clubs." corbyn interrupted him by opening the emergency exit door behind the institute and entering. i still have to choose a damn club, the blond thought, and today is the due date.