siete

it was saturday night and daniel felt like he was running out of time. cupid hadn't set any time limit or due date, but daniel didn't want to know what the consequences would be if he didn't do his part. if he didn't kiss corbyn besson.

daniel hadn't been to many parties and in which he had been were zach's or friends of zach. and he had to admit that none of those parties looked like eben franckewitz's one.

the blue-eyed boy wasn't the most terrified of all, that was a margo who kept moving her blue eyes through the big room that was full of people. she was uncomfortable, very uncomfortable.

"okay, so what's the plan? we found corbyn, you kiss him and we leave?" the blonde girl asked.

daniel rolled his eyes. "i wish it were as easy as you say."

"don't be boring!" zach intervened. he seemed to be happier than ever, zach had always liked to be surrounded by people, and unlike daniel and margo, everyone used to like him. "let's have a good time."

"i'm sure i'll have a better time at home." margo said rolling up the sleeves of the sweatshirt because of the heat in the room.

"i planned to get out of here fast and see the new season of anne with an e." daniel said with a shrug.

zach snorted. "no, no, no, first what happens with your sister? haven't we brought her here too? and second, try to have fun and if you don't like this then we go."

daniel didn't care about that. anna would find a way to come back home, she was responsible enough to do it, and he knew that he wasn't going to have fun at eben's party. and less if he needed to be in the same room as corbyn asshole besson.

"you don't need to leave with us, we know you like these parties, zach." said her blonde friend.

"okay." zach sighed. "but try at least to have ."

margo nodded and daniel just stopped looking at zach to look for corbyn besson's face among the people in the room. but the blonde boy wasn't there."can we start looking for him?"

"we should split to find him." said zach.

"no!" margo replied almost instantly shaking his head. "in the movies when the group of friends split, most of them die."

"margo, this is not a scary movie, it's just a party. calm down, everything will be fine." daniel said smiling at her kindly.

margo still didn't like the idea. she had never known how to be with many people, nor did she understand why people liked parties, she preferred to be with her friends than to be with a group of strangers who are not interested in her in any way.

"damn it, okay." said the freckled girl biting her lip. "but at twelve i leave here, with or without you."

zach denied frustrated, sometimes he did not understand how his friend could be so closed with the people of his own high school. "margo, there are only two hours left for that."

"only? doesn't it seem enough?" wonder margo surprised. it seemed like a lot to her. "well, i'm going to go out to the back of the yard and i'll look for him around because i can't stay here with all this people and the freaking heat."