once

"run, dani!"

"i am trying!"

"we're going to be late because of you!"

"because of me?

zach was pulling him through the school parking lot as they ran towards the entrance, the bell would ring in a few minutes and zach hated being late to class because he used to talk, well gossip, with some people before the teacher arrived.

daniel's breathing was chaotic, he had never been good at athletics.

"yes, you." the two stopped when they entered the school and began to walk quickly, since you can not run inside the school, breathing hard, to daniel's locker that was next to margo's. and that way maybe they could find her. because they didn't know anything about her since saturday's party.

she hadmn't answered their messages and when yesterday they went to her house to see how she was, her mother told them that she wasn't at home even though the light in his room facing the street was on.

"it was your idea to stop and buy food." daniel said with a snort.

"i was hungry, i haven't had time for breakfast." zach replied.

"margo!" zach screamed when they saw the blonde girl rummaging through her locker and taking out a couple of notebooks.

she turned to see how zach pounced on her and wrapped her in a big hug. "hi, zach." she said trying to return the hug but her arms had been trapped under those of the brunet boy.

"how are you?" daniel finally asked, biting his lower lip and looking at her. he was nervous because he knew he had been a terrible friend. he was feeling the guilt. "you haven't answered the messages or the calls, you had us worried."

messages, thought margo. too many messages.

a special conversation came to her mind, that started on sunday.

[unknow number]
how are you'?

[margo]
who you are?

[unknow number]
eben
i'm sorry about yesterday.

[margo]
how did you get my number?

[unknow number]
i have asked a boy from your class.
read

i behaved like an asshole. i'm sorry.
read

can you forgive me?
read

i need you to forgive me, please.
read

answer me at least.
read

"are you mad at us?" zach's question brought her out of her thoughts. "we really feel sorry about the party, we should have been by your side. i shouldn't have forced you to come."

margo smiled even though he didn't feel like it. "it is not the fault of either one of you that eben is an absolute moron." the two laughed at margo's comment, she never used to be so direct. "well, did you get to kiss him?" she asked, directing her gaze to daniel.