treinta y siete

soccer. one of the most popular sports in the world and one of daniel's favorites. he didn't know when he developed the passion to watch the games, maybe it was from the day he saw jonah playing with a ball in the school. the important fact here was that daniel really enjoyed watching a soccer game.

he was very excited but the fast heartbeat and his sweaty hands were not the effect of the sport, those reactions had name and surname: corbyn besson. i need to calm down.

they arrived and as zach predicted, the place was full. they walked inside the court and went one after the other, looking for a place to sit. there was a large space on the second seat line, and they would have a good view of the track so they stayed there.

zach sat down first, then margo, daniel, ashely and gabbie, the friend who had come with ashely. there were two clear sides, they were on the side of the jonah's and eben's team. the grass on the court looked very green and well trimmed. there was still a little daylight although the sun was gone.

the sky looked gray welcoming the darkness of the night, the great lights of the court were on, illuminating gone. daniel swallowed thick as his eyes moved through the stands looking for that blonde hair. but nothing, so his blue eyes returned to the track where the players were stretching and practicing with the ball near the goal. jonah's team uniform was black with red stripes and numbers while the other team was white.

number 14.

for daniel it was inevitable to look for jonah, he was used to coming to see him, to worship him, to fall for him. but now everything was different. jonah was stretching next to eben as they looked at the other team and probably talked about plays.

where are you, fallen angel? as if destiny wanted to answer daniel, corbyn appeared behind him forcing ashley to move to sit between her and daniel. "thanks for saving the site, sis."

daniel frowned. ashley hadn't warned him of any of this.

daniel's confused eyes couldn't help looking at him. his heart flew out. he wore the black and tight jeans characteristic of corbyn and a large white sweatshirt that put nasa on the front. my god, why do you make it so difficult for me? why do you have to get better every day?

"i don't-" ashley began to talk as she leaned forward to look at daniel.

corbyn laughed interrupting her and daniel stopped breathing. he looked so cute when he laughed. "don't worry about not keeping room for jack and abby, i think they want to spend some time alone." corbyn was trying to keep ashley from explaining.

obviously ashley hadn't saved the site and corbyn hadn't asked her to do it either. "dani?" margo's voice brought him back to reality.

"yes?" the blue-eyed boy looked at her and in that same direction zach had narrowed eyes.

"enjoying the view?" asked the brunet boy. the tone in zach's voice was a bit bitter.

daniel played dumb when he saw that his friend was referring to jonah. so he giggled with his tense body trying to keep his arm from rubbing with corbyn's. "a bit."

"i asked you if you want soda, i'm going to get some." murmured margo.

"i'm good, thanks."