dieciseis

anna separated from daniel after noticing how his breathing calmed. her green eyes focused on the small tears that fell down her brother's cheek. "why haven't you told me about this?"

daniel shrugged and cleared his throat to speak. somehow he still felt alone in the cupid situation. "i didn't know if you would tell someone, we're always fighting and i didn't want you to use this against me."

"you're my brother, i like to annoy you but i would never, and believe me when i say never, try to hurt you." anna replied with a frown and pulled daniel's hand so that the two sat on his bed. "do you want to talk about it?"

"no."

daniel wanted to save everything for himself. he didn't want to talk about what the letter meant or what was her supposed to do now. nor that he began to see corbyn as an attractive and quite pleasant boy to be with. he didn't want to talk about new feelings or that his friends didn't speak to him. nor that he was feeling extremely alone.

"well, i don't care, because we're going to talk about this." anna said raising the letter again.

daniel shook his head and felt as the burden overwhelmed his throat asking him to scream, he had been like tjis since he read the fucking letter.

"yes, we are definitely talking about this. this is something serious, dani." anna spoke again.

"do you think i don't know it?" the blue-eyed boy's voice was broken, like him. "i know perfectly how serious this is. that's why it freaking scares the hell out of me."

anna put her hand on her brother's back and tried to find a way to support him. she hated seeing him like that. "you know what?" daniel shook his head. "since i learned about cupid's game, i was looking forward to see that letter sent to mason. that she had to conquer me in order to be together forever." daniel tried to smile but he had no strength left. "but when i read your letter i realized that this is not love, this is forcing someone to pretend. no one should go through this."

"believe me, it's better that mason conquers you because she wants to." daniel said making a grimace.

"if i have to wait for mason to try to conquer i will become old, i think i will have to do it myself." and for the first time all day, daniel laughed.

the blue-eyed boy took a deep breath before speaking. it was time to talk about it. "this is the third round of cupid."

anna stared at her brother's lost gaze. he was opening to her.

"the first was just to make contact, to know who i had to conquer. in the second i had to kiss him." daniel said biting his lip. kissing corbyn besson hadn't felt like an obligation.

daniel liked to do it. he liked it a lot.

"and this... well you know what it asks me in this one."

"tell me you're not going to do it." anna said clenching her jaw.

"of course not." daniel's response was quick. "this is something important to me, it is my intimacy and i choose with whom to share it." daniel let out a sigh. "i'm not going to have sex with corbyn besson."

anna removed her hand from daniel's back and opened her eyes in surprise. "corbyn? the one who beat you up? the asshole, corbyn besson?"