treinta y uno

daniel couldn't believe he was back in front of corbyn's house in less than a week. oh, my dignity, where have you gone? i can't find you

taking a deep breath, daniel rang the bell. the red-haired woman opened the door, looking a little overwhelmed. "good evening," she greeted cordially.

daniel just smiled at her. "is corbyn here?"

she nodded. "of course, the party is back in the pool, come in." she stepped aside and walked inside the house.

party?

"no, wait..." daniel said following her. "could you tell him i'm here?" the blue-eyed boy didn't move from the room.

she looked at him for a second before speaking. "he's inside the pool, i don't think he will come out like this. and if he wet the floor, i'll kill it."

daniel bit his inner lip in conflict. "it will only take a second."

ashely appeareddown the stairs and her sweet face lit up. "daniel!" she was wearing a beach shorts and only had a bikini on top, her blonde hair looked more brown because it was wet.

"hi." daniel greeted her with his hand and ashely approached him and gave him a hug. the blue-eyed boy had always known that ashley was the cheerful of the bessons, the friendly and the charismatic but had never gotten to know her much, especially since he was a year older tan her and they didn't have clases together.

"i didn't see you at school this week, anywhere." she murmured.

because i avoided you. i know you know about corbyn an i.

daniel was ashamed of the fact that she could tell him something about what happened between corbyn and him. "yes, i've been super busy." he lied but ashely seemed to believe it.

"i'm so glad you came to the party, i've been looking for you all week to invite you. corbyn will be glad you're here. good thing you got my message." ashely seemed very cheerful. and she was. the blonde girl believed that daniel could be the boy who calmed her brother, who would make corbyn be himself.

her message?

"actually, i-"

"i asked tate for your number since you go to the astronomy club together and she gave it to me."

oh, neither tate nor ashely know that i don't have a phone anymore.

"good thing you're here, only corbyn's friends are coming to these parties because my brother scares my friends so it's going to be interesting to have someone new."

daniel nodded without knowing what to answer. he just wanted to take his earring and leave.

"come on, there is a grill and the pool feels great tonight." she muttered, taking him by the arm and leading him through the huge house. she looked like a girl at a birthday party, she looked so genuinely excited that daniel was there that the blue-eyed boy didn't dare to tell her no.

they traveled down a long hall where daniel didn't expect a glass door at the end. "corbyn and i always taking advantage of our parents going on a trip. jordan usually doesn't care."