quince

daniel walked to the school with his two best friends, margo and zach. and his mind wandered between what cupid's letter said and what happened yesterday afternoon with corbyn.

the game became more complicated and daniel didn't know if he was going to be able to win it. or even play it.

"and have you forgiven him? after all he has done to you?" zach said giving a clearly annoyed snort.

"it's not what you think, he told me he won't bother me anymore if i forgive him." margo said with her eyes straight ahead ignoring the reproachful look of zach.

daniel was very lost in the conversation so he hadn't heard anything his friends said before that because he was too nervous. too nervous because of corbyn and cupid. the blue-eyed boy hadn't even dared to tell his friends about the afternoon with corbyn yesterday and the new cupid letter.

"and you have believed him." zach replied rolling his eyes. "sometimes you are very stupid when it comes to eben."

"thank you, zach. i love how my best friends support me." margo said feeling attacked. "and you daniel, do you even wanna try to help me?"

daniel looked up from the floor and frowned in confusion. he didn't know what margo was talking about.

"why should i have enemies when i have you two." the freckled girl complained moving away from them and starting to walk faster now that they were in front of the school.

"you are on my side right?" zach asked daniel. "she is making one of the worst mistakes of her life."

daniel was still lost in the situation. "i... what happened?"

zach frowned clearly mad. "you should focus more on your friends and less on the cupid game, dani." zach said leaving him alone in front of the school entrance.

believe me, i would love to do that, though daniel.

margo tried to put the password of her locker for the third time but it still didn't open.

"maybe if you didn't try to stab it, it would open." a familiar voice said as a blond boy leaned on the next locker to smile at her. "what has the poor locker done to you?"

margo looked angry at him. "weren't you going to stop bothering me?"

the smile disappeared from eben's lips. "as far as i know, i'm not bothering you, i'm just talking to you." said the blonde boy. and he was surprised at how comfortable it was to talk to the freckled girl instead of trying to discriminate her. margo finally managed to open her locker. "and think i've even helped you."

"don't flatter yourself and give me a good reason to be angry at my friends." said the blonde girl taking out her book of advanced math.

eben laughed. "why would you want to be angry with your friends?"

"because they doubt the judgment  i have with you and to be honest i do too." the blue-eyed girl answered closing the locker and looking into his eyes. she took a breath and became serious. "you scare me eben."

"i've told you that i'm not going to hurt you. you don't have to be scared."

"and i trust your word. but what happens if tomorrow you decide to make fun of me is more comfortable? not only will you hurt me, you will destroy me. i have placed my trust in you, a trust that you do not deserve so i only ask for your patience. and for your information, no, you're not going to stop frightening me from one day to the next." the freckled girl murmured, making eben's face serious. "i only ask for a little space. a little peace to think."