veintiocho

friday's morning
seavey's house

anna got up like every day. with dark circles for having been barely all night with the phone and with a bad mood. she checked the time and began to change her clothes to get ready for school. only when she finished preparing did she check the time and that she didn't hear daniel's voice. so like every morning she decided to go to his room to get him up.

she wasn't careful not to make noise, she never did it since the plan was to wake him up. so she slammed the door open and her eyes widened in surprise at the image that had been etched in her mind and it would never leave.

corbyn was sitting on the bed next to daniel watching him sleep and stroking daniel's ruffled hair with his right hand carefully. anna had even seen a small smile peeking through the lips of the strange boy when he saw her brother move a little in bed.

as soon as the blonde boy realized the presence of anna in the room, he moved carefully so as not to move daniel or wake him up and approached her with his index finger over his lips to indicate that she had to make no noise so as not to wake daniel.

but anna couldn't make noise. she was speechless.

corbyn took her by the arm gently, pulled her from the room, then closed the door and spoke with her outside. "i don't think it's a good idea for daniel to go to school today."

"what were you doing in his room?" anna frowned for any posibility that could erase her brother's hateful idea of losing his virginity with corbyn besson just to complete a stupid cupid test.

"i've stayed with him, he didn't want to be alone." corbyn replied calmly. "yesterday dani had a clash with-"

"who are you?" the loud voice of a man made anna and corbyn turn their necks to look at a man standing in the hall with his arms crossed. "is he your boyfriend? what is he doing here? how did he get in?"

"no, i'm not her boyfriend. i'm..." corbyn stood thinking about his relationship with daniel to explain who he was. "i'm daniel's classmate, we both go together to the astronomy club."

the tension on jeff's face lessened when he heard him. "and what are you doing here? aren't you gonna see him in class?"

corbyn opened his mouth to think of an excuse, but he knew they had to know so he focused on the problem. "i have to talk to you before you can ask him anything or accuse him of anything."

"accuse who?" keri seavey asked what had been overhearing the conversation from the kitchen.

"corbyn hasn't come now, he has slept here." anna said with an annoying tone. she thought that nothing corbyn could say would change the fact that thanks to that stupid cupid game, her brother's life was a complete disaster.

"wait..." his father tried to process everything. "you have slept with daniel."

"i slept next to daniel." corbyn corrected him still relaxed, the parents of the blue-eyed boy weren't gonna make him afraid. he let out a sigh when he saw keri's scared face peeking out the kitchen door and anger at daniel's father's expression. "we better talk in the kitchen." the blonde boy muttered dodging jeff and keri to get into the kitchen. he walked around as if it were his house, although it didn't look anything like it, besson's mansion could be daniel's house three times.