Jughead part 1

English

English. Wasn't your favourite school subject, but it got you through the semester. The only reason you get by in this class is your crush, Jughead Jones. So familiar with his black hair tucked under his signature crown shaped beanie also makes you smile whenever you see him. Okay, the only downside of your friendship is that you think that's all you're ever going to be.

Friends. Or so I thought.

You see, you and Jughead have always had this thing. Since you met in middle school, you've had a thing with passing notes through class to each other. Sure, it was pretty childish, but since you two both are it makes their day somehow.

She sat there quietly in her seat. The teacher's words slowly fading into the back of her mind as she focuses on her sketches in her English book. Something snapped (Y/N) suddenly out of daze. She looked up from her desk to find a smirking Jughead looking at her from the seat in front.

Of course, it was another one one of his notes.

(Y/N) smirked back and fidgeted her fingers around the small piece of paper opening it carefully.

'Hey there, Juliet. Daydreaming again?'

She looked up from the note, a scoff escaping her lips as Jughead bit his. She pulled out her own pen, flipping the note over and replying back to him.

'Pfft, what? Never.'

(Y/N) folded back up the note, throwing it at the back of his head, a chuckle escaping his mouth which broke the silence in the room. A small giggle escaped hers too, but they both quickly shut up as the teacher gave them a steady glare. They quickly went back to their work, until about two minutes later another slip of paper landed on her book. She slowly once again opened it and read it carefully, a blush rising on (Y/N)'s soft cheeks.

'Stay back behind class. I gotta talk to you.'

Jughead wrote, adding a smiley face to the back of the note. A smile crept onto her face. (Y/N) pushed her (H/C) hair back and wrote back straight away.

'Is this an invitation or a demand, Mr Jones?'

She quickly slipped it into his hand, just as the bell for the period to end rang. The class quickly stood up from their seats, eager to head off to go home from a long stressful Monday of school. A couple minutes later, the rest of the students including the teacher left the room leaving Jughead and (Y/N) alone. He adjusted the satchel that slung over his skinny shoulder, leaning against his desk as he watched her close her bag and throw it over her shoulder.

"Hey stranger. I can see you didn't focus in class very much." Jughead chuckled to himself earning a glare from (Y/N).

"Hey, if it wasn't for you passing your notes to me every five seconds I wouldn't have gotten one of Mrs Stone's dirty glares." You pouted at him, standing up from your seat and walking to him. "But seriously, it's a Monday and I should be heading home but with your persuasion of you wanting me to stay, I'm eager for what you are going to say, Mr Jones." You smirked at him.

"Well, I know you might have plans tonight, OR you might be going, I don't really keep track on school events much since..y'know." Jughead paused.

"Jason." You finished his sentence, knowing exactly what he meant.

"Yeah. Anyway, if you didn't have anyone taking you already... um, I was hoping you could go to the dance with me tonight, (Y/N)?" He looked up from the ground and gazed straight into your (E/C) eyes. It felt so strange hearing these words come out of Jug's mouth. He never seemed like the type to go to a school dance, until now, you wondered.

The school dance was every girl's desire at Riverdale High. Proposals in the most outrageous ways were done all around, little things from spelling it out in cupcakes to full out marching bands with the guy singing to their heart's desire. But the way he asked her, it was simple, it was casual, it was perfect.

"Wow, Juggie. I didn't think you were a dancing kind of guy." You nudged him playfully.

"Well, I'm not. I-I don't dance... ever." Jughead blushed to himself.

"Oh come on, I doubt you'll be that bad!" She reassured him. He just shrugged, a blush crawling onto his cheeks once again with a small smile, stuffing his hands in the pockets of his black jacket.

"Okay, well, if you accept I'll try and give it a shot, just for you. Please?" His green eyes stared into yours, making it your turn to now blush.

"Fine, okay, yes. Of course I'll go with you, dork."

In a million years, she never imagined that her crush, Jughead Jones, a dancing type, yet again a type to ask another person to a dancing event. Everyone always thought Jughead was asexual, so did you, although you kept crushing on him. Jughead smiled to himself, spinning around on his heels and walking out the door. You bit your lip closing your eyes, adjusting the strap on your bag once again and followed him out the door.

...
The dance was starting in about an hour. You were sitting at home finishing the final touches of your makeup and hair for the dance. It wasn't too crazy, just simple, that's how you enjoyed it. (Y/N) pulled into place her (F/C) dress to make herself comfortable, before looking in the mirror at herself one last time before heading downstairs. She took a deep breathe out, grabbing her clutch bag and heading out the door. As soon as she reached the bottom of the stairs, she received a message as her phone vibrated in her hand. Her eyes scanned over the message, making (Y/N) smile as she walked towards the front door and opened it, finding a smiling Jughead in a black suit standing there with of course, his famous crown shaped beanie.

"You ready to see the rest of the school grinding up against each other?" Jughead asked sarcastically, making a snort escape your mouth, soon later making him laugh too.

"Let's do this," You smiled, closing the door behind you. Jughead held out a hand as an invitation or you to take. "Is this an invitation or a demand, Mr Jones?" You smirked at him, stating a quote from earlier that day, making him smirk too. You placed your hand in his and walked to his dad's truck parked right outside your house.