Jughead part 1

Summary:  You've known Jughead for a large portion of his life

Summary: You've known Jughead for a large portion of his life. You were there as his family struggled when his father got fired, and you were there when they all went their separate ways. Jughead kept to himself most of the time, and since your brother was a Southside Serpent, you took it upon yourself to look after Jughead's father. You get closer to his dad, as well as Jughead, falling for the writer. You realize, to get things back to the way they were, you have to step in yourself and do the mending. But after all this time and with problems of your own, can you get Jughead and his dad back on their feet?

The only family you had left was your brother.

Your mother bailed on your family when you were fairly young, and your father fell into a deep depression that ended with him drinking his feelings away, and eventually his life.

Lucky for you, since you were just starting off as a sophomore in highschool, your brother was of legal age to take you in as your guardian. You didn't have to spend the next few years in foster homes, and you didn't have to uproot your life in Riverdale. Your big brother would take care of you.

But it seemed like it was more of the other way around.

Your brother seemed to take after your father, getting into all sorts of trouble with drugs and alcohol, and eventually, the Southside Serpents. You couldn't say you didn't see it coming, and you couldn't criticize his choice of company. You knew the leader himself, and had a close relationship to his son Jughead.

You could even say it's your fault your sibling Carter got involved with the gang in the first place.

While he was on the streets doing God knows what, you worked gruesome shifts at Pop's while trying to keep everything running in your trailer home. You made sure there was food on the table, that the bills were all paid, all the while attending Riverdale High and making sure he didn't end up sleeping in a random ditch somewhere.

It wasn't a job you minded, but it wasn't exactly a job you particularly liked. No one exactly knew about your situation, so when you could, you tried to step far away from your life.

Most frequently, you stepped away with Jughead.

The introvert didn't like much company, but he still tolerated yours when you had the opportunity to actually see him. As he and Archie both became friends again, you saw less and less of your best friend, slowly watching him distance himself from you as well as his father.

That's another thing. Jughead's dad.

You knew he was a good man-he'd look after your brother when he could, and would make it a point to check up on you, sober or not. And because you had a thing for broken souls, you made sure to look after him too. He became the most prominent father-figure in your life, albeit a crappy one, but you cared for him just as much as Jughead and Carter.

So this, ultimately, was your daily struggle. You had to look after your house, Carter, make sure both he and Jughead's dad, whom you called PJ, were sober, make sure Jughead was taking care of himself, all on top of getting through highschool, having a job, getting enough hours of sleep, and taking care of yourself.