Archie

Football was your passion

Football was your passion. A passion you shared with your boyfriend, the star quarterback, Archie Andrews. So it wasn't weird to see the two of you out on the school oval, playing football. You didn't take it easy, you both represented the school and you had even made it to state competitions. Archie was at every match, cheering you on, and even crying when your team won. After so many years of being ridiculed for being a girl playing football, it felt so nice to have someone who believed in you.

It was a frosty Saturday morning, and snow still covered the field. But you and Archie were still out on the field, running with the football, practicing your passes and different plays.

"Ok, (Y/N), you tackle me." Archie yelled out. Tackling was always your weakest skill, you were good, but much better at kicking and passing. And scoring touchdowns of course. You nodded and steadied yourself. You sprinted towards Archie, diving at him, and tackling him to the ground. That's when you heard the crack, and Archie cry out in pain. You scrambled off him.

"Oh my god, are you ok?!"you cried as you looked at your boyfriend, holding his ankle and writhing in pain.

"No, I-I think my ankle's broken." Archie groaned.

"Shit, shit, shit! Okay, look I'll get my phone and call an ambulance." you said, sprinting to get your phone as you quickly called the ambulance. You grasped Archie's hand.

"I am so sorry babe!" you cried.

"It's ok, you didn't mean to. And hey!" he winced in pain. "You managed to tackle me!! I'm proud!!" he said, taking heavy breaths. You laughed softly and held his hand.

"The opposition won't know what's coming!" you laughed. You held Archie's hand all the way from when the ambulance came and the whole ride to the hospital. And the next day you bought him a teddy bear, with a football in his hand.