Jughead

When Jughead moved to the Southside, you might as well have moved with him

When Jughead moved to the Southside, you might as well have moved with him. Ever since you both started sophomore year, before everything went to hell, you were each other's ride-or-dies. You were the investigator to his journalist, and he was the brood to your sunshine. Despite you both being an extremely odd pair, you both knew each other enough on a level that others couldn't comprehend.

But you both didn't know each other as well as you thought.

There were things about yourself you didn't let anyone know-that you refused Jughead to know about. They were about who you are, inside and out-and while you weren't ashamed of it, you were afraid of what others would think.

When you met Toni Topaz you realized you both were in the same boat-albeit she was more open about it-and she's been encouraging you to embrace who you are.

If only you'd listen.

Fuck.

What the fuck were you doing?

The world around you slowed down, and time seemed to stop when Jughead's lips met yours. His hands softly cupped your cheeks, and both of you held your breath to see what the next move would be.

Suddenly, the situation at hand slammed into you like a truck, and all oxygen left your body. Jughead was your best friend-you didn't think he had any romantic feelings towards you, and the thought that he liked you without even knowing who you really were-it made you sick.

Immediately you placed your palms on his chest and pushed, suddenly feeling cold as he was shoved back away from you. Without a second thought you stumbled off of the couch, and rushed to the door where you tried to get out of the trailer as fast as possible.

You heard Jughead call after you, and against your better judgement you stopped, breathing heavily outside. You heard the door slam behind you, and you swallowed thickly-what was he going to think?

He rushed in front of you, his eyebrows furrowed and his chest rising fast with exhaustion. You refused to meet his eyes, but you felt the burn of them anyway.

"Am I not good enough for you?" He snapped, and your head went up quickly to see his narrowed eyes. "Am I too bad of a person to deserve a relationship with you?'

"Jughead I-"

"Save it (Y/N)," he growled, looking away as his black hair fell into his face. "And to think I wanted to tell you-" He stopped immediately, scoffing before shaking his head.

"Tell me what Jug?" You whispered, and you regretted it as soon as his venomous gaze was back on you.

"It doesn't matter anymore." He shoved his hands into his jacket pockets, looking down. "I think it's best that you leave. I don't want to see you anymore."

Without another word, he shoved past you back into the trailer and you opened your mouth to call after him. But as a tear fell down you closed your mouth, knowing the only thing that would escape would be a cry.