Toni

When you first transferred to Southside High, you and your brother, Jughead, stuck to each other like glue

When you first transferred to Southside High, you and your brother, Jughead, stuck to each other like glue. He was always a bit protective of you, despite being your twin, but it seemed to amplify the moment you step through the doors.

You’re immediately drawn to Toni Topaz, in every goddamn way. She’s so pretty and confident, and Jughead is, naturally, the first to make note of your crush. He teases you about it - often - and it’s kind of one of the reasons you’re quicker in accepting your newfound Serpent-hood.

While Jughead plays both sides, you’re sticking with the Serpents, and it often causes conflict between you and your brother. You still love him, but he can be so dense sometimes.

Much like your brother, you’re rather withdrawn. A loner. The only difference is that Jughead had his friend group, but you often spent as much time as possible alone. Not necessarily by choice, though you did prefer it that way. The others just seemed to avoid you, or not talk to you as much as they did Jughead. Which was fine.

Except, now you’re realizing it was never fine. You made them uncomfortable, you think. They were never keen on you, despite being Jug’s sister, but as soon as you transferred that all changed.

You’ve found kinship amongst the Serpents that you never experienced before. They were welcoming and nice to you - not because you’re Jughead’s sister, not because you’re FP’s daughter, but because they genuinely like you and you can’t help but feel proud of yourself. Of who you’ve become. Of who you should have always been.

So, that’s why you accompany Sweet Pea and the boys to the big throw down with the Red Circle. Maybe it’s stupid - in hindsight, it’s definitely stupid - but nobody puts a gun to a Serpent’s face and gets away with it. You were all too willing to comply with Sweets’ request to go with them, because dammit you’re going to prove to them that you aren’t like your brother. You know where your loyalties lie. 

“Bringing a girl?” One of the jocks scoffs. “That’s low, even for scum like you.”

“Bringing (Y/N) Jones is low,” another adds, smirking. 

“She’s one of us.” Sweet Pea snarls. “And she’s gonna kick your teeth in.”

You ignore Archie’s look of worry moments before the fight erupts, swinging for the first jock you see and knocking him clean to the ground. You don’t even feel the pain radiating from his counter blows, you just focus on the single thought of proving yourself.

The rain pounds on you, soaking you to the bone, but you see red. These boys made your life fucking hell back in Riverdale, and they have the audacity to continue doing so, even after you’ve left. You don’t know what the hell comes over you, but you’ve snapped. All your pent-up rage takes over, adrenaline coursing through your veins. Before you know it, you’re kicking a jock in the stomach, swinging at another when he grabs hold of Fangs in an attempt to throw him to the ground.