Betty

Summary: Veronica Lodge had ruined your life and as you past the city lines into Riverdale, the plan to do the same was already half way done

Summary: Veronica Lodge had ruined your life and as you past the city lines into Riverdale, the plan to do the same was already half way done. Then you met her best friend and, suddenly, the plan didn’t matter as much anymore.

Warnings: Cursing, cheating, past implied smut

..

Moving to Riverdale was never apart of the plan. After everything that had happened in New York, with she who shall not be named and her family, you were happy to stay far away. Your parents had other ideas, as most parents tended to do, and now you found yourself passing a sign welcoming you to the one place you never wanted to be. It was a small town with rumors around every corner but maybe, just maybe, she wouldn’t be around one of them. Your family was no longer high and mighty, where ever she would be there was no way your family could exist in the same world anymore. As long as you kept your head down and kept to yourself, everything would be fine.

You pulled into your new driveway, your new house not the worst but it was so far from what you were used to. Literally and metaphorically it seemed. Your parents said their praise in the same tone of voice they’d been using since they told you the news; high and bright, undertones of worry. You still weren’t too sure if the worry was for you or their new lack of money. You rolled your eyes and opened the car door, stepping out before they could start on their ‘new life’ speech. This was your last day of luxury, your plan to stay undercover not exactly including high end brands and designer clothes. It wasn’t the most comfortable outfit to wear for a long ride and moving boxes but you had to. It was the end of an era. You heard a gasp as you slammed the car door behind you, fervent mumbling following it. You quickly turned to find the noise, not really thinking of what that could mean, but it was too late. You saw her, standing next to a pretty blonde in pink, with the same pearl necklace choking her. You straightened your posture, felt a smirk take over your expression, and winked. She stared at you in shock and confusion, her friend desperate to get answers but all she could do was look at you. You turned and walked into your new house, the plan you had spinning down the drain. She had seen you, it was too late to lay low. So now? You were going to take over the throne you knew she had already made for herself. It was the Veronica Lodge way, after all.

—–

Luckily, for you, your family didn’t have to sell anything besides your house. So now, you lived in a modest home with a not too modest interior with clothes to match. They were ashamed of their downfall but you couldn’t find it in yourself to care. You had a new goal in this town and you were perfectly equipped to go through with it. But first; the entrance.

Fashionably late was too expected, so when the first bell rang you were mixed in with the crowd, your walk and brand new clothes the only thing separating you from them. Well, from most of them. A redhead eyed you from across the hall but she didn’t say anything, she was simply intrigued. As she should be. If there was one thing you knew, it was how to behave like you were better. You felt more than just the redhead’s eyes on you as you confidently walked down the halls, not knowing where you had to go but looking like you knew the school like the back of your hand. Veronica had to learn it all from someone but you hadn’t shared all of your tricks. Then, as if just thinking about her could summon her, you heard her voice. You followed it to a student lounge. She was with the blonde again, this time a handsome football player with them. Neither of them could see you so you settled against the door frame and listened.