Sweet pea

“Come on

“Come on. I wanna see my Reggie.” My best friend Grace was dating Reggie. The school fuckboy. Why?

“No I get enough of him at home.” My friend skye whined.

“Plus I’m angry at him. He ruined my nice shirt then pushed me into my locker and locked it. You know who got me out. Kevin! My own brother had to find me and get me out.”

“I know. I know but please. I’ll pay for lunch.”

“You would pay for lunch anyways.” Grace was nice and loyal like we all were but she was really nice. Reggie doesn’t deserve her.

“You have a point but the guys would be hot and sweaty, shirtless. How do you not want to go?” She had drawn our attention to the agreement that we didnt even notice we were inside the gym.

“What the hell? How did we get here?” I looked around.

“Easy distraction. Now that you are here lets just wait.” We walk up to the top and sat down.

“Yo so you know that guy named Fangs right?” Skye asked looking at us.

“Yeah?”

“He is so cute. Like damn I would totally -” she looked at the girls staring at us. They had to be like 13. Who knows why they are here.

“What you looking at!” Skye barked. Oh jesus. She grew up on the wrong side of the tracks.

“Skye calm down.” The girls fled and left the gym, “and they are gone.” I shook my head laughing.

“As I was saying. Y/N who do you find cute?” I watched the guys ran up and down before one caught my eye. Tall, dark haired with arms that was just god damn. My weaknesses were arms and hair that made you want to run your hands through them.

“Him the other serpent thats playing.” My friends smirked at me. I looked confused until I realised what they were gonna do.

“Wow Y/N how cliche. The good girl falls in love with a serpent! Oh whats that? His name is sw-” I had jumped to skye and covered her mouth.

“Swiss. Yeah I like swiss cheese.” I glared at skye and then at Grace.

“I hate you both. Seriously and since when was I good?”

“Since now look your man has now got the ball.” You sat back down uncovering skyes mouth.

He dribbled the ball and soon when he got to Reggie he shouldered him causing Reggie to fall. He shot the ball and scored. “Woah!” I clapped loudly and soon stopped when I knew I was just embarrassing myself.

“Wow Y/N no surrport.” Reggie got up angrily.

“Yup get used to it.” I ate my food I had packed in my bag.

We waited till they had their brake to go down and see them. When they did, Grace ran down and jumped into Reggie’s arm. I stood far away from both groups. I looked at my feet just moving around.

“Hey? I’m Sweet pea. ” I looked up and saw my serpent crush.

“I uh um shit I forgot my name.” I admitted. He laughed and I melted.

“It’s Y/N!” My friend skye yelled from her chair. Reggie was about to go over but grace held him back.

“So Y/N wanna shoot some hoops until I have to get back on?” I smiled nodding.

____________________

Sweet pea led her to the key and shot the basketball. He got it in and passes the ball to her. She shot the ball missed.

“Y/N never misses.” Reggie says watching Y/N shoot. Eveyone knew Y/N never misses.

She tries again but misses once again. “Oh dang I can’t seem to get it. Could you show me?” Sweet smiled and walked over.

“So you hold the ball like this and then use the othee to support it. Bend the knees and shoot.” Y/N tried again but purposely missed. Sweet pea ran and got the ball. He gave her the ball and stood behind her.

They were closer than closer. She was sure he could feel her heart racing. He held her hands in position and bent down with her and helped her push.

“I ship it!” Skye yells causing him to step back.

“I uh will get the ball.” She looked at skye and practically mentally yelled at her.

“So you got the hang of it.” Y/N nodded knowing the jig was up. She shot and scored over and over again.

“Thats the Y/N I remember,” Reggie boasted. “We are practically siblings.”

“You wishes bird brians.” Y/N turned around sweet pea was right there.

“Do you wanna go to pops. Right now?”

“Sure but change.” He ran out the gym with fangs. Skye walked to me all excited.

“Fangs just asked me out on a date.” She was practically squealing.

____________________________

“Grace we are ditching you goodbye. Reggie hurt her I’ll shove a big thick stick up your ass and hope you choke on it when it goes through your throat.” I warned him and left. We waited at the front if the school. They walk out damn did Sweet pea look good.

“Let’s get out of here.” We hoped on their bikes and rode to pops.

We found a booth and for some reasom they ordered our food to go.

“Sweet water river is more romantic.” Fangs says with skye around his arm.

“He does have a point.” We left with our food and we made it to sweet water river. We sat down om the grass and ate. Skye was too busy telling embarrassing stories of me. Those two left to spend some time near the river and it was just me and him. I stared at the stars with my head on his arm.

“Yeah so thats why I like astronomy. I am probably boring you.” He sat up still with his arm under my head and looked at me.

“I’ve had a crush on you since we got to riverdale and I really want to kiss your right now.”

“What’s stopping you?” He smirks smiling at me. He leaned down and placed his lips on mine. I places on hand on his face and the other in his hair. His other hand was massaging my sides.

“Damn will you be my girlfriend?” He askes.

“Yes!”

Skye and Fangs came running up laughing. “We have to take them home. Its way past their curfew.”

“I don’t want to though.”

“Come on princess. You need to.” They drive us home and I didnt want leave him.

“Please don’t go. Can’t you stay?” Skye nodded from behind me.

“Well we could. School isn’t on tomorrow and I have a spare change of clothes.” The agreed and put theire bikes at the back. We walk straight through passing Reggies room.

“Hold up.” We burst into Reggie’s room and there Grace and Reggie were making out.

“Jesus! Can a man get some privacy.” We laughed closing the door.

“We both share room.” We opened our room and smiled. They took their jackets off and shoes. We all get changed and hop into bed. Sweet pea cuddels me. Damn isnt this perfect.