sweet pea

You grasped at Sweets hand as you entered the school

You grasped at Sweets hand as you entered the school. Smiling up at him as he tugged you toward the double doors. Submitting for the normal search of your bag and jacket. Resuming the chessy hand holding as you walked further into the building. 

Serpents and Ghoulies lined the hallways, sticking to their side of the school and vice versa. Ever cautious, Sweets pulled you to the other side of him. Wrapping an arm around your waist as he watched a particular group of Ghoulies sneer at the two of you.

Stopping at your locker, you opened it, handing Sweets you needed books for the days classes. Smirking when he rolled his eyes, taking the books from your hands. You smiled, leaning in for a kiss when you saw a flash of red. 

Turning, you saw Archie Andrews running around frantically. Stopping Jughead before speaking with him hurriedly. Sweets followed your gaze with a unamused expression, getting ready to pull you to class when the side doors burst open.

Mayor McCoy and Sheriff Keller making their way into the building.

“Grab anyone with a serpent.” Mayor McCoy yelled, Sweets quickly looking at your corduroy jacket. Spotting the snake patch he had put on the side arm. Sweets went the rip the patch off, when you shoved roughly against your locker.

Sweets lashed out, shoving the officer away, only to get an elbow to the face and shoved against the locker himself. He heard you whimper as the officer cuffed your hands roughly behind your back.

“You fucking hurt her, I’ll kill you!” Sweets yelled against the locker, watching as the officer pulled you away from him.

“That’s threatening an officer, you better watch what comes outta that mouth.” The officer holding him spat. Sweets growled, still watching your retreating form.

Hours later in the holding cell, Sheriff Keller gave them a release. After hours of questioning and getting nowhere. Sweet Pea and Fangs left the cell, hanging around outside the station for you and Toni. 

The two of you walked out moments later, Sweets meeting you halfway as he pulled you into his arms. He felt you wrap your arms around his middle, pulling you closer to him. He pulled back, holding your cheeks as he scanned you for any injuries.

“I’m good, wrists are just sore.” You rubbed at your wrists, Sweet’s eyes narrowing at the red lines.

He kissed the top of your head before heading to the waiting truck. Helping you into the cab before he climbed into the bed. Don giving them all a ride back to the school to pick up their bikes. 

The serpents that hadn’t gotten snatched up, waited patiently by the bikes. Making sure the Ghoulies didn’t mess with them. All cheers sounded from the truck and parking lot as everyone got out. Sweets met you at the door. Helping you out of the truck and walking you over to his bike. 

Nova handed you your discarded bag with a smile. Patting you on the shoulder as she regrouped with the rest. Sweets wasn’t planning to stay any longer than needed. Wanting to make sure you got home okay was his first priority,

The roar of his bike sounded as you grasped his waist, leaning into him as he left the parking lot. Other Serpents tailing. 

He got you home. Apologizing to your mom about how he didn’t mean to have you out so late. She brushed it off with a smile before stepping back.

“I’m sorry that happened- “ You silenced him with a kiss, pulling him by his jacket.

“It’s okay, through thick and thin.” You whispered against his lips.

“Wouldn’t have it anyother way, babe.”