Kevin and Joaquin

This was a bad idea

This was a bad idea.

Scratch that. This was a terrible fucking idea. Literally the worst.

There was a riot ravaging the town, he was wanted for questioning in relation to Jason Blossom’s case, and here he was, standing in front of Kevin Keller’s house like a stalker.

He should just leave. Leave right the hell now before anyone sees him and calls the cops.

He’s biting his thumb with one hand, the other tapping nervously against his leg as he contemplates just how big of an idiot he is. He pulls his phone from his pocket to check the time and realizes that if Kevin wasn’t already home at this hour, he was probably out for the night.

He’s given up hope and is just about to leave when he hears the engine of an old truck getting closer. When he sees it pull into the driveway, he freezes. He sees Kevin through the dirty windshield and his heart starts racing.

Fuck, he looks good.

He watches as Kevin cuts the ignition and sighs before opening the door and hopping out of the truck.

Suddenly, he realizes he has no idea what to say. He hasn’t spoken to Kevin since the day he left. It was too dangerous to contact him, even though it killed him. But he was kidding himself if he wasn’t the first thing Joaquin thought of when F.P. had called him to help Fangs.

Once again, for entirely different reasons, he thought about how fucking bad this idea was.

“Hey, preppy.” His voice was quiet, not wanting to startle him anymore than he probably would.

Kevin looks up and stops dead in his tracks. He’s silent for a long time before he finally croaks out, “Joaquin? Is that you?”

Joaquin manages a small smile and a nod, keeping a safe distance.

“What the hell are you doing here? You really shouldn’t be here.” Kevin looks around frantically as he rushes forward, grabs Joaquin by the shoulders and ushers him toward the side of the house where they would be hidden from view. He smirks as his back hits the side of the house, reminiscing about all the times they’d been here, in this location and position, before.

“Stop that,” Kevin says with a frown as their eyes meet. “I know what you’re thinking and just…don’t.”

His heart sinks just a little. He wasn’t sure what he was expecting out of this ill advised rendezvous and he knows he has absolutely no right to be disappointed. And yet…

“Right.” He clears his throat and breaks his gaze. “I don’t know what I was thinking. I should just go.”

He pushes himself off the wall and manages to catch Kevin’s eye one more time. “I just… I’m in town for the night and I wanted to see you while I could.”

Kevin visibly deflates and reaches out for him, pushing him back against the house again. “You can’t just show up here and expect me to—“

“I don’t expect anything,” he insists as he shakes his head, willing Kevin to understand what he really wants to say but he just can’t force himself to get out.

Kevin searches his face, eyes darting all over like his mind is going a mile a minute, like he’s trying to decide something. Before he can react, he’s being pulled by the collar toward Kevin, their lips crashing together, and it only takes him a second to return the kiss.

His hands drift down Kevin’s back and he pulls him in by the ass, close enough for him to feel exactly how much he wants this, how much he wants him.

Kevin breaks away but he doesn’t let him get too far. Unable to stop the smile from breaking out on his face, he says, “I missed you, preppy.”

Kevin shakes his head and sighs despite himself, hands moving to the side of his face to pull him back in. “I missed you, too.”