77 | ʟᴏᴠᴇ ᴀꜰᴛᴇʀ ᴍᴀʀʀɪᴀɢᴇ

Recap ~
The Villain of your Story

Chapter 77 ~ Love after marriage

Veer was shocked to see Ragini beside him instead of Anika. Before he could react any further, Mr.Malhotra spoke "Ragini beta you already beared a lot. I don't want this fool to give you more pain!"

"But Papa I love him and he's the father of my child!" Ragini said. He hugged his daughter who was crying peacefully in his arms while Anika spoke, "Veer even god wants you both to be together. Ragini is perfect for you and so are you for her. You always used to cry that you never had father, you want your child also to be fatherless like you?"

"No!" Veer cried hugging his best friend who continued, "You know Veer, not all get their true love. When you have your true love by your side why don't you accept it?!"
Veer apologized to his wife tearing the divorce papers into tiny bits. They happily accepted each other when Anika said, "So what's the conclusion? You can find your true love even after marriage!"

 They happily accepted each other when Anika said, "So what's the conclusion? You can find your true love even after marriage!"

This was when ShivIka locked their eyes silently exchanging their feelings which they were not able to confess to each other. Anika was really silent from the time they reached back home, she didn't even speak a word to Shivaay nor did he try to.

"It was a tough job doing the priest role. Though I was khidkithod in playing it." Rudra sighed when the whole family laughed out except ShivIka. They were physically present and mentally absent at the same time.
"You are really smart bhabhi. You knew how to deal with that Veer!" Rudra said while the others nodded in response.

"Anika beta I'm happy you are safe. Everything is settled!" Dadi said hugging her.
"There is something that is left unsettled Dadi" Anika thought to herself looking at Shivaay while he stared back at her hazel brown eyes.

The next morning, silence was eating up Shivaay and so was the same for Anika, they couldn't utter a word to each other.

Gathering up words, Anika finally managed to say, "Shivaay, I'm leaving to San Francisco in tonight's flight!"
"Oh great Anika! Actually even I'm leaving to London in two days!" Shivaay said not looking at her.

"So everything is perfect now. Our careers are completely set." Anika said managing to smile at him when he nodded back.
"But our families?! Will they understand our point of view?" She asked worried.
"Don't worry Anika! Anyway this was to happen and about our families, we can explain them. We chose our careers over this marriage!" he said with a pinch of hurt at the end.

 We chose our careers over this marriage!" he said with a pinch of hurt at the end

They didn't want to speak about their deal which was still incomplete. The papers they signed weren't submitted nor did they want it to be submitted.

"So for one last time can we just spend time together today?!" Anika asked diverting their minds from the so called deal of theirs to which he nodded back happily.

At the end of the day, Anika felt weak. She didn't want to leave anyone but didn't have any choice either. Time was counting on. She was packing her bags when Pinky entered, "Anu did you pack everything properly?! Your medicines?!"

Anika hugged the second mother she considered whom she was betraying and smashing her hopes completely.
"Why is my daughter crying?! It's okay you are just going for a week." Pinky cupped Anika's face when she wanted to tell the truth out.

"Ma, not..." She was interrupted by a phone call from Stevens. She was still talking when Pinky had to leave as Dadi called her.

"This is enough! I don't want this. I'm cheating my own self." Anika screamed at herself breaking her phone into pieces. She searched for Shivaay whom she didn't find from the time they came back.

She was in the verge of crying when she felt a pull into a dark room. Suddenly decoration lights turned on helping her see her husband.

"Shivaay..." She was about to say something when he stopped her.
"Anika I don't have time. Let me say what I should have said long time back! I need to express my feelings today." He said in a flow, continuing after a deep breath.

"Everytime I said you are my wife and everytime I said I'm your husband I didn't say it out of habit or I didn't say it just because we shared that relationship. I said it because I meant it. I said it because I knew you are mine. I meant all that I said to you Anika. Each and every moment of ours did not happen just like that, it happened because we both wanted it to happen." He said caressing her face.

Anika couldn't control anymore, she let herself onto his arms hugging tightly not wanting to lose him.
"Shivaay" she cried in his arms when he asked her, "When you are going away from me why is my heart paining this badly?!"
"It's because we l..." Anika wanted to say something when she stopped herself.

"Anika I want us! I need you by my side always! I don't want anything else not even that stupid deal which would separate us! Just say me one thing, will you hold my hand till the end?" he asked hugging her back again when she said, "I want us too. I-I..."

"I don't want to leave you Shivaay but we both dreamed to have the best careers! If I stay back with you, you will leave your dreams for me! In future, you might regret leaving your career which I don't want to let happen. I wish I could hold your hand till the end but I guess we aren't meant to be together." Anika thought to herself.

She broke the hug and was about to leave from there when Shivaay pulled her back.

"Anika please don't leave me" He said teary eyed when she locked her lips with his, tears running down her cheeks.

_______________________________________

Precap ~
That deal of ours!

What do you think Shivaay and Anika would do?

Do try my new story, "His Ex- girlfriend. Maybe you will like it the way you liked this book!

Manya