Chapter 4

(Lucy POV) "Dragon... Princess...." I said shocked while staring at the sword.

"It can open a portal to the Dragon Realm. Have fun!" His voice echoed in my head.

I held out the sword and thought of the portal. I slashed the sword in the air and a large, rainbow glowing portal opened. Wind was blowing like it was hurricane season. I slowly stepped inside and it shut behind me.

I was in awe from this place. It was beautiful! There were floating islands that looked like it housed each type of dragon and one that I can't really see well at the very top of them all. The island I'm on now has pure green grass with pink and purple flowers everywhere.

"Who are you?" A curious voice asked behind me. I jumped and turned around. It was a woman who has green and pink hair with purple eyes and wore a light yellow sun dress. She wasn't wearing shoes though....

I held out my sword out of instinct but when I saw she ment no harm, I pulled it back down. "My name is Lucy Heartfilia. I was able to use this sword and it opened a portal here..." I said vaguely

"Lucy.... daughter of Layla?!" She asked shocked.

"You knew my mother?" I asked also shocked.

"This is great... no... THIS IS FANSTASTIC!" She screamed and the transformed into a dragon form which made me shell shocked. She had purple and pink scales with green spikes on the wings. She lightly picked me up with her claw and sat me on her back then took off.

We landed on the top island that I couldn't see at first. But this place... was HUGE! It had a large crystal-like castle in the center with gardens all around it. You could see the whole Dragon Realm from up here.

She turned back into her human form, took my hand and rushed me inside. "I just realized I never got your name." I said as she took me somewhere.

"Oh! Right... I'm Flora, the Nature or Elemental Dragon. I control Earthlands weather and plant life" She explained.

"Must be a hard job with all the pesky humans huh?" I joked with a small smile.

"No kidding." She also joked and we both laughed.

We stood in front of these huge doors and she opened them with some sort of spell. For protection for what's in the room? I'm not sure. When it opened, the sword fell out of my hand from shock.

There she was, the woman I thought died 10 years ago. "Mom..." I said choking back tears. She looked at me and also started to cry. I ran over to her and hugged her as hard as I could. I never wanted to let go.

"Lucy... oh my precious daughter! How did you get here?! You found the sword didn't you. Oh I don't care I just get to see you again!" She was always very emotional, but that's what I loved about her compared to my emotionless father who still runs the company today. (A/N: Yes Jude is alive in this story)

"Mama what is this place? Flora changed into a dragon!" I pretended to be dumb to get the real explanation.

"Well sweetheart, it's a long story but I'll tell you it all. Come with me to the study, there's lots of books" My eyes lit up when she mentioned the books, which made her laugh. I ran back and grabbed Luminos Sun and ran back over to her.

As she took me down this long hallway, I remembered how long I've been here. "Is the time here any different from Earthlands?" I asked panicky. The only reason I would ask that is because in the Spirit World, 1 Spirit World day = 3 Earthland months.

"Yes, you could say. Each 6 months here is 1 day back in Earthland. You should be just fine" She explained and I sighed of relief.

We got to the study and I almost fainted from excitement from all the books in this room. If I brought Levy-chan she could have a heart attack! "Now, sit next to me and I'll explain it all" Mama sat on a couch and I sat next to her.