Chapter Sixteen ~ Roman

HELLO CHILDREN, AND WELCOME TO OVERLOAD WEEK

What is Overload Week? Well, pretty much what it sounds like. I will be posting a chapter from both books - this one and Deserter - today, tomorrow, and Wednesday (and the first chapter of a new book on Wednesday night).

Why am I doing this? I'm going out of town from Thursday until Tuesday. Radio silence on here and I'll be lurking on Instagram.

Pace yourselves or binge as the chapters come, it's up to you. I'll also (probably) be flooding my One Shots book 'Sanders Fleet' with ideas I've got.

Spread peace, love, and positivity, and enjoy!

{Possible trigger warnings: the k word (I feel like I have to warn about that bc Wattpad hates it so much)

If I miss something, I apologize and please let me know}

Roman wheeled his chair over a little bit to make room for the one that Patton had brought in.

"I'm so excited for this!" Patton giggled, bouncing up and down in his seat. "My first collab with a roommate!"

Roman nodded, beginning to sort through his things. Patton was quite a bit lighter skinned than he was, but he had worked as a makeup artist for several years before starting YouTube and still did the occasional appointment. He was meticulous about the products he bought and used on his own face, and he treated any clients he worked with the same way.

"Before we start, Patton, I need to find a foundation to match you."

Patton nodded enthusiastically and sat as still as possible as Roman carefully tested a few foundation colors on his cheek.

"I always test on the face because then I can be sure it'll match. We'll leave that for a minute to see what it does... I assume it will be this one that comes out the best."

He set the bottle in his hand aside and went back to organizing what he planned on using. With Patton's blond hair and pretty blue eyes, he could use palettes he didn't use as much on himself.

"What's this for?" Patton asked. Roman looked up to see him holding a small fan brush.

"Highlight, my favorite part."

"Ooh, that's the shiny stuff, right?"

Roman chuckled. "Yes, the shiny stuff... I was right about the foundation. Here, let me wipe it off so we can start with a fresh face."

Patton giggled as Roman wiped the little stripes of foundation off.

"You are the cutest thing, Patton Albrecht." He shook his head, smiling.

"Thank you!"

Roman laughed, then stood up and double-checked his camera. "Rolling in three, two, one!"

He plopped back down into his chair and gently pushed Patton's away. "Try not to kill yourself rolling in, okay?"

"No promises!" Patton chirped, spinning once he was out of frame on the viewfinder.

Roman turned to the camera and cranked up the charming grin.

"Hello to you all, my Ladies, Lords, and Non-Binary Royalty! I am very excited to bring you this video today, because it's the start of what I think will be a very good series on my channel! As you know, I moved into an apartment with several roommates, and these individuals are incredibly interesting."

Patton giggled again and Roman shushed him, grinning.

"Welcome to the first episode of Pretty Pals! My roommate joining us today is the lovely, the talented, the silly and adorable Patton of DadJokesINC!"