Chapter Seventy-One ~ Logan

{Possible trigger warnings: swearing, minor gun mention (in a game)

If I miss something, I apologize and please let me know}

"Hey losers, who's ready to get their a** kicked?"

Logan looked up from the book he was reading as Virgil wrapped an arm around Emile's waist. "Well it seems that you are, seeing as you've brought your therapist."

Virgil grinned and grabbed a pillow off the couch, whipping it at him. "Trash talk will get you nowhere, L."

"Says the one who started it." Logan retorted with a smirk.

"Save it for the table!" Patton called as he raced through the living room with a wet rag. "I don't want to miss all the sass!"

"The hell is he doing?" Virgil leaned over a little to watch their roommate run down the hallway.

Logan shrugged, going back to his book. "I heard cursing, I assume Roman dropped something. How are you, Emile?"

"I'm so hunky-dory, I'll be looking for a clownfish." Emile took off his jacket, hanging it on Patton's little old-fashioned coat-stand.

"Good one!" Patton chirped as he walked into the room. Logan shared a look of good-natured pessimistic irritation with Virgil, then marked his place in his book properly and set it aside.

"Remy will be here soon." Patton added. "He's bringing snacks, and Roman got drinks earlier, so we should be all stocked up. What are we starting with?"

"Rock paper scissors?" Virgil suggested sardonically. Both Patton and Emile whacked him lightly on the back of the head with throw pillows.

Logan got up and walked down the hallway in the direction of Roman's room. He knocked lightly on the half-open door, peering inside after a moment.

Roman was just finishing up cleaning something off the floor. He spun around and smiled at Logan, looking a little stressed.

"Hello, Poppy! Are we all ready outside?"

"Waiting on Remy." Logan stepped inside. "Do you require any assistance?"

"Nope." Roman sighed heavily and picked up a palette off his desk. "I broke one of my limited edition palettes. Dark reds and browns all over the floor."

"That is unfortunate, darling." Logan walked over and offered a hug. "You can't get another?"

"Not without paying ridiculous amounts of money. They don't sell them anymore. I could probably find another one somewhere, but it'll be for sale by the owner and won't be cheap." Roman collapsed into his arms. Logan brushed his hair back gently.

After a minute or so of standing in that position, Roman shook his head and stood up fully. "Thank you for letting me dramatic, Poppy. Let's go whoop some a**."

Logan chuckled and took his hand. "How can I say no to that?"

They walked out to the living room. Remy had arrived, and was currently sitting with Patton in his lap. His boyfriend was playing with what looked like freshly dyed locks of hair that started a light charcoal grey and faded to a lavender color. Virgil had an arm around Emile's shoulders as the four talked, and they all looked up as Roman and Logan walked in.

"Fashionably late, Princey. It's not as good a look as you think it is." Virgil quipped, moving his arm and getting up. "Are we starting with video-games or tabletop?"

"Tabletop!" Patton hopped up excitedly. "I bought a new game and I want to see what you guys think of it!"

Logan took the armchair, and Roman sat on the floor with his back against his legs. Patton dug a box out of the stack that had been piled up on the side of the coffee table and set it in the center of the table.

"Betrayal At House on the Hill?" Virgil read off the box, then glanced at the others.

"You build the board as you go, and you explore a haunted house!" Patton grinned. "And then someone turns eeeevil and you have to try and take them out!"

"Someone turns evil, huh? Interesting." Roman dramatically turned his gaze on Virgil. He received a lazy middle finger in return.

~~~ An Hour Later ~~~

"HAH! F*ck you Roman, I rolled nine!" Virgil punched the air. "Beat that with your sh*tty three strength!"

Roman flipped him off and grabbed three of the dice. "There's no way you can take me out with that, I've got this!"

"You do not, in fact, have this." Logan commented in an amused tone as Roman rolled the dice out on the table to reveal a total of... two.

"I'm sorry, what was that bullsh*t about me being the bad guy?" Virgil leaned in, grinning as Roman ticked down his physical traits. "Did that take you out?"

"... It did." Roman tossed the character disk onto the table. Virgil cheered and got up, doing a victory lap around the living room.

"You did well, darling. Your strategy was halfway decent, and Virgil was the only one left alive."

"And he did have a gun." Patton pointed out, crouching next to Roman to give him a hug. "You did great!"

Roman looked up at Virgil, who was now giving him double middle fingers from the couch. After a moment, he scooped a tiny figurine from the table and chucked it at Virgil's head.

"Ow!"

"You're too huge of a target. Must be the big head." Roman smirked and got up. "Lets play Just Dance! That's something I can definitely kick Virgil's a** at."

"Don't be so sure, Twinkle Toes, I took ballet before I got gangly." Virgil shot back.

"You did ballet?!"

"Yeah and if you bring it up again you won't know what hit you."

Roman stuck his tongue out and turned on the TV. "We only have three Wii remotes, so we can take turns. Who wants to join me."

"I will." Remy got up off the couch, stretching. "Haven't played this game in years so I'll probably break something, but why the hell not?"

Patton stole Remy's spot on the couch, curling his feet up underneath him. Roman passed out remotes and an argument quickly started between him and Virgil over what song they should do (Remy added fuel to the fire with a sneaking grin).

Logan leaned back in the armchair and surveyed the mess that he could somewhat proudly call his friends. Patton was calling out random songs as suggestions, and Emile laughed as Virgil shot a teasing barb in Roman's direction. Remy suddenly snatched the Wii remote that was registered as the 'One' remote and picked a song, and the chaos only continued.

They were idiots. But they were his idiots, through and through.

{The votes were even when I checked, so Lavender and Charcoal haired Remy it is. Again I couldn't find a guy model with the hair (story of my life with finding references, so annoying) but have this:

 Again I couldn't find a guy model with the hair (story of my life with finding references, so annoying) but have this:

I'm imagining the grey a little darker but y'know}