Chapter Fifty-Six ~ Roman

{Possible trigger warnings: swearing, I think that's it

If I miss something, I apologize and please let me know}

"You're sure you're okay with it?"

Virgil rolled his eyes and leaned against the kitchen counter. "I wouldn't have agreed if I didn't, Roman. F*ck me up, I don't care."

"Technically I won't be f*cking you up, your viewers will be... you aren't worried about the hate?"

"If they can't deal with a guy wearing makeup - which I wear regularly anyway - they can get over it." The gamer shrugged and pointed at his under-eyes.

"That is very different from what I do." Roman snorted, grinning. "I'm going to go set up, just come in my room when you're ready."

Virgil grunted.

In his room, Roman began to dig around in his makeup and sort things out. He wasn't fully sure what he was going to do with Virgil yet, they'd discussed letting Virgil's fans pick the colors and things.

Roman suddenly had an idea and grabbed his laptop, opening it and setting it within reach so he could use it when he mentioned the thought to Virgil.

"'Kay Roman... this is where I get nervous." Virgil said from outside his room.

"What's up?" Roman turned around, frowning. He could see Virgil partially huddled behind the doorframe.

"I'm gonna preface this by telling you that you are about to see two things not even Patton has seen before." Virgil muttered, fiddling with his hoodie sleeves. "So you keep your mouth shut about them."

Roman pulled his feet up so he was sitting crosslegged in his chair. "Uh. Okay?"

He heard Virgil blow a raspberry, then his roommate walked into the room.

"Holy sh*t!"

"Can you not make a big deal about this?" Virgil made a face, looking down and pushing his glasses up at the same time. "I only wear them when I absolutely have to."

"Aww, you should wear them more often!" Roman jumped up, going over to him. "They're so cute! I bet Emile would love them."

Virgil's cheeks went very red, then Roman noticed something on his face behind the grey frames he was wearing.

"Hang on, what's this?"

"Oh uh, that's the other thing..."

"Can I take your glasses off?"

Virgil grimaced, but nodded. "Go for it I guess."

Roman carefully pulled his glasses off his face, looking curiously at the birthmark under Virgil's left eye.

It was a port-wine stain birthmark that stretched across the skin underneath his eye, and now that Roman looked closer he could see it stretched above a little too.

"I always did wonder why you wore the eyeshadow..." He murmured. He wanted to touch it, but Virgil looked very uncomfortable already.

"Since I was thirteen. Joan's spouse provided me with the first palette I used, back when they and Joan were first dating." Virgil shrugged. "And a little concealer up top."

Roman nodded and offered the glasses back. Virgil took them and he turned, leading his roommate to the chairs in front of his camera.

"So I had a couple ideas that I told you already, but I thought of a couple more. Before we get on with this I want to explain them to you so we can pick one." Roman plopped into his chair, grabbing his laptop. He paused and glanced up at Virgil. "Although... do you want me to cover the birthmark?"