Chapter Thirty-Seven ~ Virgil

{Possible trigger warnings: a lot of swearing

If I miss something, I apologize and please let me know}

"How's your glittery little problem doing?"

Logan looked up and frowned. "Glittery little problem?"

"Y'know." Virgil glanced down the hallway and lowered his voice. "Roman."

"What constitutes him being a 'glittery little problem'?" Logan raised an eyebrow.

Virgil paused for a second. "Well I was gonna say furry little problem, something I picked up from the Harry Potter years, but Roman's facial hair- or lack thereof- doesn't allow for that. But God knows that man owns enough glitter to make a figure skating costume or something."

"I see... I've put my feelings aside for the moment."

"What? Why?" Virgil frowned at him, grabbing a soda out of the fridge.

"I have more important things to worry about." Logan shrugged, tapping the paper in front of him. "My court date is coming up."

"Oh sh*t I forgot about that." Virgil cracked the soda open and took an empty chair at the island. "How's it coming along?"

Logan blew out a heavy breath and set his pen down, running a hand through his usually immaculate hair. "I don't know. I've been looking at this from every angle that I possibly can and I always find a hole in my defense."

"Well that's not fair to you." Virgil shook his head. "You're finding holes because you wrote it, Logan."

His roommate groaned and dropped his head onto his arms.

"L, you'll be fine. You literally research random topics and explain them for a living."

"This is different!" Logan looked up at him. "I'm arguing my case to people who actually know what they're doing, from a legal standpoint. There is so much riding on this!"

He dropped his head again and Virgil got up.

"Stay there."

He walked down the hallway and knocked sharply on Roman's door.

"One moment!" The beauty YouTuber called from inside. Virgil crossed his arms.

"Yeah- oh hey Virgil... what's up?" Roman asked when he opened the door.

"Logan's losing his sh*t in the kitchen over his court date and I don't know how to help him." Virgil jerked a thumb over his shoulder. "Help me out? Or rather, help him out?"

Roman nodded quickly and headed down the hallway.

Virgil smirked to himself as he followed. He totally wasn't playing matchmaker, not even a little bit.

"Logan, come on. You've got a whole binder of notes, you'll be fine." Roman was saying when Virgil walked back into the kitchen. "You've written up every possible argument you could make, there's nothing else you can do."

Logan just made a frustrated sound. He hadn't moved since Virgil walked out earlier.

"Lo, please. Look at me?"

After a moment Logan lifted his head. Roman smiled at him.

"Let's go get lunch or something. We can talk about whatever as long as it's not the court date. Anything to take your mind off it."

Virgil smirked at the slight blush that dusted both faces.

"Alright." Logan finally murmured, slowly getting up.

"Have fun losers, I'm gonna go read face reveal comments."

The two were both so focused on each other that they didn't even notice what he'd said. Virgil rolled his eyes and wandered off into his room.

He wasn't joking about the face reveal. During his impromptu hiatus he had debated whether or not he should make it repeatedly.

The final fact that changed his decision was the fact that he'd realized how much he was missing out. Collabs, being able to goof off in the others' vlogs, so much of it.

Virgil sat down at his computer and pulled up his account, then the video.

A lot of the comments were what he expected. People saying he was younger than they thought, that he looked different than his avatar, that sort of thing.

Then Virgil saw one that made him stop.

It was from a user named SlinkieDink, a name he was sort of familiar with from a couple streams. He was also pretty sure there was an Instagram account that followed his with that name.

'Hey Ame, I don't think you'll see this but I'm sending it anyway. I've actually talked to you a couple times. You work at the game shop I go to for all my gaming stuff, and you're a really nice guy. When I started recording last year I asked you what recording equipment would work well and you gave me some really good advice, which jump-started a pretty decent gaming career for me. You really inspire me and I'm so psyched to know that I've actually met you. Hopefully I see you again.'

Virgil grabbed his phone and pulled up his follower list, searching the username.

The name came up. He looked at the comment again.

"F*ck it, why not?"

He tapped the account to send the message.

-Hey, I saw your comment on my face reveal. I put my two weeks in at the shop yesterday but if you come in before the end of the month I'll still be there-

Almost as soon as he sent the message the thing came up saying the kid was typing.

-HOLY SH*T YOU FOR REAL?!-

-HOLY F*CK HOLY F*CK THIS ISN'T HAPPENING-

Virgil chuckled.

-it is my dude-

-CAN I TAKE A PIC WITH YOU WHEN I DO-

-if you're not okay with it thats totally fine-

-but holy shit that would be so cool-

-f*ck yeah dude-

-hell, if you've got merch bring it, I'll sign-

-just don't tell a bunch of people-

-I won't I promise-

-holy sh*t holy sh*t-

Virgil chuckled and sat back. 

Maybe he could do stuff like that sometimes now. Meetups, if he felt confident enough, or just surprising serious fans once in a while. SlinkieDink was a long time subscriber who had participated a lot of competitions and things in over the years.

He scrolled through a few more comments. Nothing else stuck out, it was pretty run of the mill. There were the average hate comments, and couple really weirdly set up ones.

At least it was mostly positive. Virgil rubbed his bad shoulder and got up.

He wasn't really hungry, if he was honest, but Patton would throw a holy fit if he found out he hadn't eaten.

"Hope those nerds are getting along."

{The user is a nod to SpinkleDink on Instagram but I didn't want it to be toooooooo obvious}