Chapter Fifty-Seven ~ Virgil

{Possible trigger warnings: swearing 

If I miss something, I apologize and please let me know}

"Alright, everybody recording?" Virgil checked the tripod in the middle of the living room. "God, this is gonna be a b*tch to edit."

"You'll have to see if it's worth it to record the rest of the series, because I doubt this will be over in one recording." Logan checked his POD Farm connection. "I believe everything is started."

"I'm good!" Patton chirped.

"We're good over here."

"Alright, headphones on." Virgil nodded, adjusting his mic arm. He had it connected to the back of the couch so he could stand behind his roommates and see all of their screens. He put his own set of headphones around his neck so he could hear what was going on in the game.

"Three, two, one. 'Sup, Hailstones, and welcome to what may be the first video of a new series on my channel. As you can see, I'm somewhere very different today."

Virgil could already see how he was going to edit the video. He had a camera on just him, a camera on the four of them, and then individual webcams on each of the others. Intro would be the camera on him, then he'd switch out to the other one as he explained what was going on.

"I had this idea, and I've got the resources to work it out, so here we go. This is the maybe first episode of Gaming Academy for the Average Vlogger."

"That's so loooong." Roman complained. "What a horrible title."

"It's my channel, shut up." Virgil rolled his eyes. "The reason I say this might be a series is because it's a hell of a lot of work to set up, so if y'all don't like it I will not be continuing it. What we're doing today is a team start of one of my favorite story-style games, Lost Clans: Titanrealm."

He clapped his hands together. "I've got some stuff set up right now, and as the guys go through their game I'll be in the background giving advice and answering questions. Let's start off by introducing the player setup. You're free to change it and set it up differently, but I have a power-support-balance team that I think will work well for you."

This would be a switch from his shot to Logan's webcam and the screen-capture of his game.

"I have Logan set up as Sorcerer Vezin of Etarum. For those of you who don't know, Vezin is a wizard class, if the name didn't make it obvoius. In this game he's at an advantage in that he has a special attack that essentially deafens and blinds all enemies within a certain radius.

"It has a slow recharge meter, which is why I think he connected well to Logan, because Logan's the kind of person who will analyze a situation before jumping in."

Logan nodded. 

"Because of his special attack, Vezin is slower and heals slowly, but this team is set up to avoid that problem." Virgil made a mental note to do a webcam/screen-capture switch.

"Which brings us on to Patton. Patton's set up to play as Sararyn Oridan. She's a half-elf magician who specializes in healing magic. As a half-elf she has some capabilities of both races, and she has an especially powerful healing burst that she can use."

Virgil made a face, thinking about what else he could add. "Of course, the other characters can heal too, but Sararyn can do it a lot quicker and a she makes a lot more progress with a single spell than the others do. However, she's not a strong fighter. She's fast, she's smart, but she can't necessarily land a hard hit."

"Aww, Patton would be the one to try and heal us in a situation like this." Roman smiled. Patton beamed at him.

"Exactly, that's why I figured he'd be good with that." Virgil nodded. "And then we get to you."

"Meee!" Roman threw his hands up.

"Yeah, you. Roman is playing as everyone's favorite master knight... or maybe not, but I think he's a kick*ss fighting class character."

"Language." Patton reprimanded with a smile.

"My channel." Virgil replied easily. "Roman's set up to play Knight-Lord Tobias Mosset. This man is fully human, but his backstory is essentially that he fought with his country's military for twenty years before being accused of treason by a corrupt Knight-Baron who wanted his job.

"He fled the country for years and now works as a mercenary... he's sort of a tank as a character, very strong, can take a lot of damage, keeps attacking. He's the main attacker of this team, and main defense because of it. 

"You have a ten second berserker mode that recharges faster when you are in combat than when you're just moving. Keep an eye on the timer, it seems like it's not a lot of time but you never know."

"So what is our objective here?" Logan was eyeing the screen curiously.

"So the game always has a boss that you're supposed to work towards. Since you're playing Titanrealm, it's, surprise surprise, a Titan. The Titan Alzim, a fierce Fire Titan warlord."

Virgil shoved his hands in his pockets. "You have twelve chapters of story to learn to work together. There will be single-player objectives, if you guys work together to accomplish those you will move faster, but you may not get as many skill upgrades because of it."

"So we're set up as... the team. Logan the Intelligent, Patton the Gentle, and myself, Roman the-"

"Meathead." Virgil provided with a smirk.

"Roman the Valiant." Roman retorted, sticking his tongue out. "With you hovering as a terrifying deity, ready to judge us for our actions if you deem us incompetent."

"Oh you're sure as hell gonna be incompetent. But that's the point of the video, is you three learning as you go. As you get better at the game, you'll cover more ground and deal with more objectives." Virgil grinned. "I can't wait to see how bad you are, I expect Logan's going to do the best."

"I wouldn't be so confident in that." Logan shook his head. "But let's begin."

"Alright, Logan since you're the one I set up first you're set up as the team leader. In the bottom of your screen you have a 'Start game' button."

Virgil watched as Logan scrolled over and hit start. "This is the spawn-point. It's the only place in the entire game where you cannot be attacked by enemies, so you can get used to using your abilities here. I showed you guys the keys for movement before, but your special ability is the key for the first letter of your character's name."

Patton gasped as he hit 'S' and Sararyn threw her arms back onscreen, exploding outward in a blast of pale blue light. "Ooh, pretty!"

{I literally made them up as I wrote this chapter but ngl if y'all wanna draw Vezin, Sararyn, and Tobias I'd be hella down to see what y'all come up with. I know I give little to no information, but I'd say they sort of have similar general characteristics like how their player is described in this book. In terms of hair color, skin color, etc. so Vezin is a redhead, Sararyn is blonde (or give her the cotton candy hair lol), Tobias has curly dark brown hair (he'd be graying tho)}