Chapter Sixty-Nine ~ Virgil

{Possible trigger warnings: I don't think there is anything but

If I miss something, I apologize and please let me know}

"Hi Robin." Virgil leaned against the door frame of Emile's apartment as his boyfriend opened the door. "I brought your favorite sweatshirt."

Emile grinned at him. "C'mon in, Koda-Bear."

"I am not nearly as annoying as Koda, I'll have you know." 

Emile smacked him lightly on the arm as they walked into the kitchen. "Koda's an endearing sweetheart who just needs a family figure! And Koda is the closest name I could think of to Cuddle."

"Didn't want to call me Kenai?" Virgil snickered. "I'm an easily irritated and sarcastic man who makes stupid and impulsive decisions that get me in trouble."

"I like Koda-Bear better." Emile stood on tiptoes to kiss his cheek.

Virgil smiled and handed over his sweatshirt. "Are the others joining us tonight?"

"Nope! Elliot has to work and most of the others are actually out of town right now."

Virgil wiggled his eyebrows as he leaned against the kitchen counter. "Nice."

Emile swatted him with a dish towel. "No nasty business during Disney movies."

"Alright, alright." He smiled. "Do you need any help with anything?"

"I don't think so, I'm almost done." Emile opened the microwave, pulling out a plastic popcorn popper. "Have you ever used this on popcorn?"

Virgil took the little spice container and looked at it. "Brady Cheese Sprinkle? Never heard of it."

"Well it's amazing, and you're gonna love it." Emile plucked it out of his hand and began to shake it over the popcorn that Virgil could see had been drizzled with butter now.

He leaned over and snagged a piece of popcorn from the bowl, laughing as Emile smacked his hand. "So with the Koda-bear nickname, can I expect Brother Bear to be on the movie list tonight?"

Emile grinned, nodding. "Always been a favorite!"

"Yeah, I don't mind it either." Virgil nodded. Emile handed him the bowl of popcorn and grabbed a couple drinks out of the refrigerator.

"The cats around?" He asked as the two of them made their way into the living room. His question was answered when a small gray head popped above the back of the armchair.

Emile shrugged. "The others are nearby. You know how they are."

"I do." Virgil set the popcorn on the coffee table and went over to the armchair. "Hi Berlioz."

Berlioz meowed and rolled onto his back.

"Wierd cat." Virgil teased as he gave the kitten a short belly scratch. 

"Be nice to him." Emile warned jokingly. "Toulouse will have your ankles."

"I'd like to see him try." Virgil scooped Berlioz up into his arms and looked around for the little orange tabby that he knew would be somewhere close. Wherever Berlioz was, Toulouse would be nearby.

He saw a flash of orange beneath the armchair and swung his leg backward, out of the way of tiny claws. "Too slow, tough guy."

"They like you so much more than Sloane, I think you're going to make him upset."

"It's not my fault I'm a contrary person and cats get that." Virgil leaned down and scooped Toulouse up as well. "Where's Marie?"

"Probably with Duchess somewhere." Emile shrugged, grabbing a blanket off the back of the couch and sitting down. "She likes you too, they'll show up at some point."