Chapter Twenty-Seven ~ Logan

Oh hey look I forgot to update yesterday, apologies for depriving you of angst

And small note before we start: so many people were supportive of my Ace Roman headcanons and it made me really happy, so thank you!

{Possible trigger warnings: a bit of inner turmoil, our Logic Boy is upset

If I miss something, I apologize and please let me know}

Logan stopped at the mailboxes before going up to the apartment. He'd given the others replicas of the key for their box, and they emptied it often enough, but he always checked out of habit.

There were two envelopes inside and Logan plucked them out, closing the little door and hearing it click locked.

The first envelope was a bill, so he tucked it under his arm as he headed towards the elevator. That could be discussed with the group and paid without hassle. He turned his attention to the second envelope.

It was addressed to Roman. Logan turned it over, mildly interested, and his eyebrows shot up.

Scribbled across the back of the letter was 'Tickets for Roman Tulio's Guests'.

"Guests?" Logan muttered to himself, running his finger along the edge of the envelope absentmindedly. "What guests?"

He didn't open it, but kept looking it over to try and guess what was inside.

The apartment was very loud when Logan opened the door, and he blinked a few times. Roman and Patton were in the kitchen, singing a Disney song loudly as they got started on dinner. Virgil was out of his room for once as well, scrolling through his phone as he curled up as best he could on the armchair.

"Run while you can Logan." He said without looking up.

Logan rolled his eyes with a small smile and closed the door. "I can handle a little noise from exuberant roommates."

"Logan!" Patton cheered. "I was just going to call you and see when you were coming home."

Logan set the bill on the coffee table in the living room and went into the kitchen, flicking the other envelope under Roman's nose.

Roman gasped and quickly moved to the sink to wash his hands. "I didn't realize that was coming today!"

"What is it?" Logan asked, flipping the envelope over once again. "And why does it say it's for your 'guests'?"

"They're tickets to the show I'm in!"

Everyone turned to look at Roman, who was now drying his hands. Patton began to bounce up and down excitedly, but Logan was still confused. A glance at Virgil revealed that he was as well.

"Show?"

Roman nodded, then his eyes widened and he gasped. "Oh my god- I never told you did I?"

"I don't believe you did." Logan set the tickets on the counter and began to remove his jacket. "What show is this?"

"The local theater is putting on a Miscast style show." Roman snatched the envelope and ripped it open as he spoke. "We all got to audition with songs that we'd never be able to sing otherwise, and they chose a group of favorites to perform in a concert!"

He held up three tickets, grinning. "The director said I could have four tickets. My parents are out of town on the performance date and I figured I could bring you all if you want to come."

"Oh that sounds like so much fun!" Patton exclaimed, beaming. "I'd love to come!"

"I might." Virgil added. "It'll end up depending on how I feel the day of."

Roman nodded quickly, accepting that answer, and turned to Logan.

"Well, Analog? What about you?"

Logan had been about to answer, but the nickname threw him off.

"Analog?"

Roman shrugged. "I like giving nicknames. You seem like an analog kind of guy, I don't know."

Logan grunted and adjusted his glasses. "As I was about to say, I believe I could make time in my schedule. Although I cannot promise I will... understand everything that is going on onstage."

His roommate grinned. "Oh, no big deal. There's not really a storyline with a Miscast show, we just perform in a pattern that gives us enough time to change if we're in more than one song."

Patton interjected, asking what songs Roman was singing. As Roman began to talk excitedly about one of his selections, Logan headed to his room.

He hung his jacket on the back of his bedroom door and went to his desk, booting up his computer to check his email and channel. He had the usual notifications for YouTube, comments and such, but there was an email that Logan hadn't been looking forward to getting.

He took a deep breath and opened it.

'Logan.

I'm so sorry for everything that's happening. I know you're an adult and you have every right to your own decisions, but I promise this is what's best for you. Your mother isn't well, and you're not safe around her.

I wish you'd let me call you, I want to explain. I know I've hurt  you, but I have your best interests at heart and you must know that.

Please respond when you have the time. I would explain in person if you'd let me.

Love you.

Dad'

Logan gritted his teeth and read the email again. 

"Does he truly believe I'm so naive?"

He deleted the email, sitting silently at the computer afterward and forcing himself not to cry. Being upset about it would not make the restraining order go away, Logan had to do more work to get that outcome.

Someone knocked on his door and he looked up, feeling his head begin to pound. It was inevitable really, headaches came from trying not to cry. 

"Come in."

Patton's curly blond mop appeared, followed by his smiling face. "Dinner's ready- are you okay?"

Logan started to insist that he was fine, but the look Patton gave him said he clearly didn't believe him. He sighed heavily and ran a hand over his face.

"I'm struggling with the repeal of that restraining order. It's proving to be much harder than I thought, since I was not the one to originally write and sign it." He stood up, then stumbled back half a pace as something hit his chest heavily.

Patton hugged him tightly, not saying anything. For a moment, Logan didn't know what to do... then he relaxed a little bit and hugged Patton back.

"If there's any way we can help you, just let us know okay?" Patton looked up at him.

Logan nodded, offering a half-smile. "I'll keep it in mind... Thank you, Patton."

"Of course, that's what friends are for!"

{I told y'all I'd make Analog a nickname lol}