Chapter Forty-Seven ~ Logan

{Possible trigger warnings: a swear word bc Virgil is a potty mouth

If I miss something, I apologize and please let me know}

Logan straightened his suit coat, fidgeting nervously with his cufflinks as he checked himself over in the mirror.

He ran a hand through his hair again, making a face.

"Stop touching it, you look fine." Roman wrapped his arms around Logan's waist from behind, resting his chin on the other man's shoulder.

"I shouldn't be nervous about this." Logan sighed, staring at his reflection. "It's illogical. She's my mother for Christ's sake."

"It'll be fine, I'm sure she misses you just as much as you miss her."

Logan grumbled under his breath and Roman turned him around so they were facing each other.

"Chill Poppy, you got this."

Logan sighed and closed his eyes for a few moments. When he opened them again, Roman was smiling at him softly.

"Pep talk appreciated, Roman."

Roman chuckled. "Of course it is, I'm amazing."

"You're pushing it." Logan rolled his eyes, unable to wipe the smile that crossed his own face. "Is Patton home from work yet?"

"Oh you'd know if Patton was home."

Logan shrugged. "That's true, I suppose."

He and Roman walked out to the kitchen, where Virgil was making dinner. The gamer looked up at them and made a gagging noise, then went back to what he was doing.

"Oh please, you're just sad and lonely." Roman stuck his tongue out.

"Alone does not equal lonely." Virgil tossed over his shoulder. "I enjoy being single, I can focus on my work."

"Whatever you say, Charlie Frown." Roman rolled his eyes.

"More childish than normal, so you must be preoccupied. I'll leave you to your love-fest."

Logan laced his fingers through Roman's as his boyfriend opened his mouth to retaliate. "Just drop it, Ro."

Roman grumbled quietly, but let the matter go. Logan took a seat at the island and his boyfriend stood behind him, draping his arms over Logan's shoulders and resting his chin on his head.

"Hiiii guys I'm home!" Patton called cheerfully as he came through the front door. "Logan I've got your flower arrangement!"

"You're amazing, Patton, thank you." Logan didn't move, since Roman didn't seem to want to move. He heard their roommate coming towards the kitchen.

"Aww, you guys are so cute." Patton giggled as he set down a tall glass vase in front of the two of them. "What do you think, Logan?"

"It looks wonderful, Patton. I knew I could count on you."

Patton's chest puffed up with pride, then he rounded the island to see what Virgil was making. Logan gently moved Roman's head off of his and stood up to survey the flower arrangement.

There were daisies and some snapdragons. He recognized those. The other flowers were vaguely familiar but Logan didn't know what they were.

Patton really had done a wonderful job. The flowers were purples and pinks, all pale pastel colors. His mother's favorites.

"She's gonna love it." Roman said from beside him. Logan looked up at him and smiled.

A thought struck him and he took Roman's hand, gently leading him out to the living room.

"What's up, Poppy, nerves hitting again?" Roman smiled and straightened Logan's tie. "You've got this, you're the smartest guy I've ever met and this is your mother, for god's sake, you'll be just fine-"

"Come with me."

Roman froze, mouth halfway open. Logan chuckled.

"Wh-what did you just say?"

"Come with me. My mom will love you."

Roman blinked a few times, looking stunned. He started to say something, stumbled, and took a deep breath.

"Logan! I can't- I don't- you have to leave in five minutes!"

"So?"

Logan raised his eyebrows as Roman spluttered, "I'm not presentable!"

"Please, you look fine the way you are."

"No! You can't just ask me to meet your mother and not give me time to prepare- oh my god. Oh my god!"

"Roman, she'll like you just the way you are." Logan assured him. "Come with."

"No. No! I mean- I will, I will definitely come with- you have to tell her something, tell her there's traffic or there was an accident-" Roman darted around the couch. "Patton? I need your help."

"Roman, I could just tell her that I asked someone along last minute and they wanted to get ready-"

"No, don't put it on me!" Roman protested, spinning around. "Tell her there's traffic. Oh my god does she even know you're in a gay relationship- well she's gonna find out, and I'm making my best first impression. I hope she's okay with guys in makeup."

"What's going on?" Patton asked, peeking into the room.

"I need you to pick out an outfit for me while I do the fastest full face I've ever done in my life." Roman pointed at Logan repeatedly to emphasize his words. "Traffic. Tra-ffic. You hear me?"

Logan shook his head, watching as his boyfriend ran down the hallway with Patton in tow. He made his way back to the kitchen to wait.

"You certainly have a way of sending him into a full-on panic. It's really funny." Virgil commented as he stirred what he had in the pan.

"It isn't as if I meant to." Logan took a seat. "I simply asked him to come along."

"It's Roman. He's dramatic as f*ck."

"How dare you!" Roman's voice shouted from down the hallway. Logan faintly heard Patton telling him to sit still.

"What on earth do you think they're doing in there?"

"Well Roman's doing his makeup. I'd guess Patton's doing his hair." Virgil turned off the stove. "Man, I wish you'd told me you were both going before I started making dinner, we're going to have a ton of leftovers."

"Not the worst thing in the world." Logan shrugged.

Patton came back into the kitchen.

"Is he done?"

"I've been asked to bring you to him." Patton giggled, grinning. "He's super excited."

Logan got up and allowed his roommate to lead him down the hallway.

"Okay Roman, he's outside." Patton backed up a few paces, hiding behind Logan.

"Ladies, Lords, and Non-Binary Royalty, appearing live for the first time-"

"Roman, just come out here." Logan raised his eyebrows.

He heard his boyfriend huff. "Let me be dramatic!"

"Alright, alright."

"Ladies, Lords, Non-Binary Royalty, appearing live for the first time... your very own Princey  M-U-A as one Logan Fransisque's beautiful boyfriend!"

Roman draped himself against the doorframe, head tipped back dramatically. He was wearing a dark maroon suit that was clearly fitted to him. Underneath was a black dress shirt and a black and silver striped bowtie. Virgil had been right on the hair hunch, his usual curls had been schooled into meticulous waves.

Logan smiled softly. "I never doubted your skills, Roman, but... you look incredible."

Roman beamed, batting his eyelashes. "Thank you."

{Have y'all ever noticed that Roman stutters more than any of the other Sides? Like his brain is on auto-pilot and then he misses a turn and it all goes to hell for a second}