Chapter Fifty-Three ~ Virgil

{Possible trigger warnings: swearing, anger/irritation, slight alcohol mention

If I miss something, I apologize and please let me know}

Okay, so maybe Roman was right.

That a**hole.

Virgil crossed the living room as quickly as he could, ignoring his roommates cuddled on the couch. 

Roman was sick, and nearly delirious. Currently he was sitting with Logan, cackling as his boyfriend turned pet-names scientific.

"I'm going out." He told Logan as he pulled his jacket on.

"Where?"

"Just out." Virgil made sure his keys were in his pocket.

He heard Roman ask that Logan 'do honeybun!' as he went out the door. Logan obliged, resulting in a roar of laughter from Roman at the phrase 'bee food pastry.' Virgil shoved his hands in his jacket pockets, relying on his height, irritated facial expression, and general aura to keep people from talking to him. 

Downtown was crawling with people, and Virgil didn't know why. He made his way to the pub he and Dorrian usually hung out at and took the corner seat at the bar. 

Of course Patton had to be out of town this week. With him gone and Roman in his current state, Virgil had been slapped in the face with the whole 'you're single' thing over and over with no buffer.

He took a sip of his drink and slid himself into an even slouchier position, resting his head on his arms. 

"Hey, are you alright?" Someone asked in his ear.

Virgil flinched and slowly raised his head.

A man had taken the seat next to him. He was, for lack of any other words, incredibly pretty. Virgil blinked at him a few times.

"Are you talking to me?"

The man nodded, pushing his glasses up. "Mhm. You look like you're going through it."

Virgil grunted and put his chin on his arms again. "I'm having a bad night. Go away."

The guy didn't move. Virgil sighed and took a sip of his drink.

"Do you want to talk about it?"

"Not really. Just leave me alone."

The guy smiled and Virgil felt his heart jump in his chest. F*ck's sake, now really wasn't the time to catch feelings.

"Listen, my friends are trying to convince the bartender to let us play Smash upstairs, want to join?"

Immediately Virgil was on edge. As cute as this guy was, he really didn't want to be recognized tonight.

"Why?"

He shrugged. "Sitting with some people is better than sitting alone, right? You don't have to play or anything, but if you're having a bad night it's probably better for you to be around some people, just in case."

Virgil grunted, sitting up a little.

"F*ck it." He picked up his drink. "Lead the way."

The man grinned at him, offering his hand. "I'm Emile."

"Virgil." 

Emile nodded and turned around. "Oh shoot- I lost them. Every time I turn around these kids are gone."

"What do they look like?"

"There's a range." Emile shrugged. "One of them has blue and purple hair, that's probably the most noticeable part of the group."