Chapter Twenty-Five ~ Virgil

{Possible trigger warnings: pain, swearing (censored, as per usual), irritation, some crying

If I miss something, I apologize and please let me know}

Somehow Virgil managed to get back into the apartment and to his room without any of his roommates seeing or hearing him. He booted up his desk computer to check his channel and email, then grabbed his laptop and opened Netflix.

Eight weeks. Eight weeks he was stuck in this stupid sling. He couldn't move his arm at all, the mechanism was designed to keep his forearm strapped to his chest.

Freaking shoulder immobilizer. The name even sounded like a torture device.

At least it was mostly fabric. One of the doctors had called it a brace and Virgil had immediately pictured some big metal contraption. While it was one of the more complicated designs the hospital used, it was essentially just a huge Velcro strap around his stomach, with a sling that went around his neck.

Didn't make it comfortable, but it was manageable.

Virgil sighed and propped up several pillows on the wall so he could sit comfortably. He would have to figure out what to do for his channel since he couldn't play games properly with only one hand, not the games he played anyway.

"Think about it later," he told himself, picking a John Mulaney comedy special.

He got all the way through 'Kid Gorgeous' and halfway through 'New In Town' before anyone noticed he was home.

Virgil pulled his headphones off as the door to his room cracked open.

"How are you feeling?" Patton asked quietly, peeking inside.

"I'm tired and the entire side of my body hurts."

Patton grimaced and stepped inside, walking over to the bed. "Is there anything I can get you?"

"Nah, I'm good." Virgil shrugged his good shoulder and winced a little. "On second thought... an ice pack or something would be nice."

Patton nodded quickly. "Is it okay if the others come in?"

"Logan? Sure. Roman.... f*ck no." Virgil ignored the reprimanding look his friend gave him.

"You're sure?"

"Yeah."

Patton nodded slowly and left. Virgil went back to his show.

He couldn't focus though, because he could see a shadow just outside his door. Whoever it was seemed to just be standing there, listening. Or waiting. Or something.

Patton came back with the ice pack and Virgil didn't see anyone outside, but the shadow returned when the door closed again. He tried to ignore it, but finally it was getting on his nerves so much that he shut his laptop.

"Whoever's out there either get lost or come in here and tell me what you want."

The door open and Virgil pulled a face.

"Never mind, just get lost."

Roman fiddled with his shirt hem. "Virgil, I need to say something-"

"Nope. Just get out." Virgil put his headphones back on.

"I need to talk to you."

Virgil shrugged. "I don't want to talk to you. Go away."

He opened his laptop again and pressed play. Roman seemed to have some sort of internal conflict for a minute, then he walked out and pulled the door closed behind him.