Chapter Thirty-Three ~ Virgil

{Possible trigger warnings: swearing, talk about s*x

If I miss something, I apologize and please let me know}

Virgil resettled himself in the island counter chair and shifted his sling strap.

"Are we sure we need all of this?" He asked Logan as his roommate methodically stacked several small containers into a large picnic basket. "I mean, we might not even have anywhere we can sit down and eat, it's kind of a concert setting."

"It's a park, Virgil, I'm sure there will be somewhere we can sit down." Logan didn't look up from what he was doing. "Besides, it would be very irresponsible to go out during the day as we are without bringing food."

Virgil grunted and sat up. "What are you packing?"

"Patton made a list, and though I disagree with some of the items I know he has our best interests in mind. I can allow him some small things."

"Aww, are you getting soft Lo?" Virgil leaned forward, smirking.

Logan rolled his eyes and looked up. "Perhaps I am..."

He went back to his work a moment later, but Virgil raised his eyebrows. "That was an uncharacteristically emotionally charged response."

"Was it?" Logan asked absentmindedly.

"Logan?" Virgil said slowly. "You good?"

"Why wouldn't I be?"

"You're acting weird." 

Logan stopped what he was doing, then sighed and set the list aside. "Just as well that you should ask while the others are gone... I believe I may have experienced something I have never felt a few days ago. You are the most likely person I would discuss it with."

"Ooookay. What's up?"

"Would you be able to... explain what a crush feels like?"

Virgil nearly fell out of his chair from sitting up so fast.

"Holy sh*t- you serious?"

The look on Logan's face told him that yes, he was very serious. He blew out a breath and screwed his face up, thinking about it.

"It's... hard to explain. Basically, when someone has a crush, romantically, they'll want to spend time with their crush and spending that time will make them happy for a little while. But sometimes when they're done hanging out they can feel confused or sad, especially if it's unrequited. 

"Sometimes it's mild, and you can just be okay with having the person in your life if they don't feel the same way, but sometimes it can get almost physically painful depending on the severity of the crush."

Virgil shook his head. "And when you say something to the person and they have the same feelings towards you it's such a great feeling."

Logan made a quiet humming noise, picking up the list to double check it.

"What, so you're gonna ask me about it but you're not gonna tell me who it is?"

"I doubt you would approve."

Virgil snorted. "Who cares? I'm not your dad."

Logan sighed and looked up at him. "You say nothing."

"Cross my heart, hope to die."

"That does not appease me, I have a feeling you usually hope to die."

Virgil grinned. "Got me there. I won't tell though."

Logan closed the picnic basket. "It's Roman."

"Roman?!"

"Shhh!"

"He's not here!" Virgil got up and followed his roommate to the living room. "Why Roman?"

"I don't know, I can't choose my emotions." Logan set the basket down on the table. "It feels... partial. Like a sickness that hasn't fully developed."

Virgil snorted loudly, then waved a hand dismissively when Logan looked at him. "Sorry, that's just such an ace-oriented way to refer to a crush."

To his surprise, Logan blanched a little.

"What's wrong?"

"Could this... could this mean I'm not asexual?"

Virgil blinked. "Well, maybe. But maybe not."

"How would I know? I've been using the term so long, what if it's simply a phase-"

"There's nothing wrong with phases, Logan."

Logan looked up and Virgil shrugged his good shoulder. "Everything's a phase, really. You either grow out of it or you decide it's a lasting one. No big deal."

"There are certain people who would disagree." Logan muttered.

"Certain people can f*ck themselves." Virgil said firmly.

His roommate raised his eyebrows, but he just smirked. "I've seen your Fan Theory videos, you've got no right to give me that look."

Logan sighed, then sat down on the couch. "The question still remains, how would I know? Clearly this is a sign that I am demi-romantic rather than aromantic, perhaps I am not asexual either."

"Well it's pretty easy to figure it out..." Virgil shrugged.

"Is it?"

"Yeah. Here, so sexual attraction feels kind of like this. Imagine you're with Roman, and you two are just sitting on the couch. Maybe he's got his arm around your shoulders, your head is on his shoulder. I'm in the kitchen and Patton's reading a book in the chair."

Logan frowned. "What is the point of this?"

"Just close your eyes and imagine it." Virgil told him. The shorter man sighed and closed his eyes.

"Obviously nothing's happening yet, but you can just feel in the air that something will. You just know you're gonna do it, maybe in twenty minutes or maybe in three hours. And at first it's not really a feeling like you need it, but then... it starts building and you do need it. You know you love him and you want to do it because of that."

Logan's brow wrinkled up. "How would I recognize that from thinking about myself and Roman sitting on a couch? It's highly illogical to assume that in that situation the only endgame is sexual intercourse-"

"Logan." Virgil slammed his hand down on the coffee table, startling his roommate. "Stop thinking about it. Yes or no question: do you wanna bang Roman?"

Logan's eyes popped open and Virgil saw him physically recoil a little bit. 

"No! I-" Logan blinked a few times, looked down at his hands, and shook his head after a moment. "No. I don't. I cannot see Roman in that type of light."

Virgil shrugged. "Then you're probably still asexual. But if you realize later on that those feelings change, it's not that big of a deal. Just talk to Roman about it."

He saw the distinct flash of apprehension, bordering on panic in Logan's eyes.

"You haven't said anything to him."

"Of course not! Imagine what would happen if the whole thing was one sided. I am not at any sort of point where I would be able to handle the sheer embarrassment of seeing his face daily."

Virgil rolled his eyes. "If you say so... we should get going, Roman's picking Patton up from work and heading straight over."

{Again, I have no CLUE what I'm talking about. I'm pretty much directly quoting two very close friends who I asked, one is panromantic asexual (asked her about romantic attraction) and full bi (that's what he calls himself, I asked him about sexual attraction)}