Chapter Thirty-Four ~ Patton

Video above is the song sung later in the chapter

{Possible trigger warnings: minor swear

If I miss something, I apologize and please let me know}

The band was just setting up when Patton and Roman arrived at the park. Patton excitedly leapt from the car and ducked through the small (but slowly growing) crowd of people until he was standing right in front of the slightly raised dais being used as a stage.

"Remy!"

The currently silver-haired stylist looked up and grinned. "Heya babes! Glad you could make it."

Patton giggled. "Of course I would! I said I'd be here. And I brought my roommates! I hope you're okay with that, two of them are pretty big names-"

Remy hopped down off the stage and shoved his hands in his pockets. "Babes. That's cool as hell. D'ya think his Royal Highness would be willing to put in a good word?"

Patton muffled a laugh and shrugged. "Depends on how good you are."

"How dare you."  Remy put a hand on his chest, faking offense.

Patton grinned at him, then heard Roman shouting.

"Virgil, Logan!"

He turned around just in time to see Logan nearly drop the picnic basket. Virgil shoved the shorter man with his shoulder and Logan glared at him.

"C'mon, come meet them!" Patton exclaimed excitedly, grabbing Remy's wrist and pulling him along.

"Easy babes that's my bad hand." He chuckled. Patton let up a little. 

"Hey Patton." Virgil nodded to him, crossing his good arm over to hold his other elbow. "Who's this?"

"This is Remy!" Patton said with a grin. "Remy these are my roommates."

"Yo." Remy flashed a peace sign.

Logan cleared his throat to introduce himself but Remy suddenly held a hand up. "Wait, lemme guess who's who."

Patton giggled.

"You're Roman, clearly. I know you." Remy pointed to Roman, who grinned and made a sweeping bow. Virgil snorted loudly.

"You are Virgil."

"'Sup." Virgil grunted.

"Which makes you Logan." Remy grinned at Logan. 

Logan nodded. "Correct."

"Remy's the vocalist and plays drums for the band."

"That's pretty unorthodox." Virgil raised his eyebrows. 

Remy shrugged. "I'm multi-talented. It works."

"YO FLIP-DRIP!"

"That's me, I'll see you later babes." Remy made finger guns and jogged off, hopping back up onto the stage.

"Babes?" Virgil looked at Patton, who shrugged.

"He calls everyone that."

The roommates sat down at a nearby picnic table to eat as the band began to do sound checks. "Tic tic tic, I'd like a macchiato with a triple shot and- don't make that face at me Dorrian you said I could say whatever I wanted during mic tests."

"How about you try singing part of one of the songs." A faint voice retorted, sounding annoyed.

Remy blew a raspberry into the mic. "Nah, what's the fun in that?"