Chapter Twenty ~ Roman

{Possible trigger warnings: the boys talk about car crashes/death a little (its p much just educational)

If I miss something, I apologize and please let me know}

Roman knocked on Logan's bedroom door and waited.

After a few moments, he heard his roommate call for him to come in and threw the door open.

Logan had earbuds in, watching a video and scribbling notes. He held up his free hand to Roman, making a clear 'one moment' sign. Roman heaved a dramatic sigh and planted his hands on his hips.

They were the only two in the apartment, the other two were at work, so Roman wasn't surprised when Logan finally removed his earbuds and asked, "what can I help you with, Roman?" without looking up.

"I'm bored. Go shopping with me?"

Logan set down his pen and looked up at Roman, raising his eyebrows. "Excuse me?"

Roman threw his hands in the air. "It's my vlog day and I have absolutely nothing to talk about for once! I want to go to the mall but I hate vlogging by myself in public."

Well, no he didn't. He loved attention, good or bad, because it meant eyes were on him. But it was always more fun to vlog when he had someone around to talk to.

"Let me make sure I am understanding this properly." Logan turned his chair fully to face Roman. "You want to go to the mall with me, and vlog it? And you think that will be interesting to your subscribers?"

"Sure! It'll be like a sci-fi movie, the Prince and the Robot!" Roman made the pretty universal 'name in lights' sign in the air in front of him with his hands.

Logan rolled his eyes.

"C'mon, Lo, please? We could even do a little makeover-"

"I am not interested in a makeover." Logan interjected.

Roman smirked. "Not at all? You're not even a little bit interested what I would suggest you add to your wardrobe?"

"Not particularly, Roman."

"C'mooooooon." He whined again. "Please?"

Logan pinched the bridge of his nose and Roman grinned, seeing the resolve begin to break.

"You're just going to keep bothering me until I agree, aren't you?"

Roman tried for an innocent smile. "Maaaaaybeeee."

Logan stood up, shutting his laptop and the notebook sitting next to it. "Very well, I suppose I can humor you."

"Fantastic! I'll meet you in the living room in five minutes!"

Roman ran across the apartment to his room. He checked his outfit and picked a pair of high-tops to match it, then made sure his hair was the way he wanted it.

He'd always made a habit of not wearing makeup on vlog days, to try and take care of his skin. He did full face so often that having scheduled days where he left it bare really did help.

Doing one last check of his outfit and grabbing his favorite red leather jacket (the one that said 'Princey' in huge letters formed by gold studs on the back), Roman made his way back out to the living room.

Logan was, as he had expected, already there. He stood next to the couch scrolling through something on his phone and visibly jumped when Roman let out a loud gasp.

"Oh my god- what?"

"That letterman is gorgeous!"

Roman rushed forward to feel the leather sleeve of Logan's jacket. The letterman was a deep navy, with white sleeves, and had several things ironed onto it.

"Thank you?" Logan sounded uncertain. "It was the simple version sold at my high school, nothing special-"

"I refused to buy a letterman in high school because the school colors were so horrendous." Roman explained, eyeing the letters that had been added to the breast of the shirt. "Imagine mustard yellow, but worse."

Logan wrinkled his nose and Roman nodded. "Exactly! I flat out refused to buy one and I just never got around to finding one I liked afterward."

Roman finally stepped back, giving Logan his space back. "Okay, ready to go?"

"I believe so. Will you be vlogging in the car?"

Roman paused, then nodded. "I usually do a little bit, yeah, but not the whole trip."

"Very well. I'll drive." Logan pulled his keys out of his pocket and led the way out of the apartment.

They made their way down to the lobby and Logan unlocked his car.

"Oooooh, this is nice." Roman eyed the car appreciatively before getting in the passenger seat. "Is this a Plymouth?"

"A 1970 'Cuda, yes." Logan smirked, starting the engine.

"Amazing. Where'd you get it?"

"My dad. He always wanted me to go into the family business so he helped me fix up an oldie of my choice in high school." Logan glanced over his shoulder as he began to back out of the parking space. "Didn't work out the way he wanted, but he had to admit that forcing his son into something I didn't want to do wouldn't be good."

"And you got a sweet ride out of it." Roman leaned his chair back and lifted his feet onto the dash.

"Don't do that." Logan admonished immediately.

Roman raised an eyebrow. "Never would have pegged you as one of those 'my car is my baby' kind of guys."

"I'm not. Putting your feet on the dashboard while in a moving car increases the likelihood of death in a car crash."

"You serious?" Roman sat up, pulling his feet down. "How?"

"If your feet are on the dashboard when the airbag deploys it will most likely drive your kneecaps through your skull at a speed and velocity that would kill you immediately."

Roman made a face. "Gruesome."

Logan grunted in response, pulling onto the on-ramp to get to the highway.

Roman got out his vlog camera and checked the focus, then started recording. "Hello to you all, Ladies, Lords, and Non-Binary Royalty- oh shut up."

Logan didn't bother to hide the smirk that followed his snort of amusement.

"I wasn't laughing at your intro, I was laughing at the way your chest puffs up."

Roman gasped in mock offense. "Leave me alone, you horrible fiend!"

"I thought that was a term you used for our elusive roommate exclusively."

{I really like Barracudas fam 

like,,, LOOK AT THIS BAD BOY}